DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Gmail problems?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Gmail problems?

I'm hoping I'm missing something simple and obvious.

I set up my Droid2 with my gmail account as required, and also set up my primary email account on Runbox. Here's where things get a little odd.

First, when I go into the messaging app I see the icons for Universal Inbox, Text Messaging, Facebook, and my Runbox account. My gmail account doesn't show in my universal inbox and I see no option to add it.

Second, I can read incoming gmail messages, delete them or compose new ones, but I don't see any option to forward or reply. If I open an email from my Runbox account on my Droid2 I have an icon across the bottom which gives me "forward" or "reply" when I click it. I can't find that option in gmail at all.

Anybody have an idea of what I'm overlooking?

Thanks,
    Bryan
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    To forward/reply, tap the message to open it then scroll all the way to the bottom. There will be a gray bar with 'reply', 'reply to all' and 'forward'.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Ah. There it is.

Silly me, I figured it would work the same in two different email setups on the same phone. Go figure.

Thanks.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Universal inbox isn't all it's cracked up to be. The native gmail app is better.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post

I set up my Droid2 with my gmail account as required, and also set up my primary email account on Runbox. Here's where things get a little odd.

First, when I go into the messaging app I see the icons for Universal Inbox, Text Messaging, Facebook, and my Runbox account. My gmail account doesn't show in my universal inbox and I see no option to add it.

Second, I can read incoming gmail messages, delete them or compose new ones, but I don't see any option to forward or reply. If I open an email from my Runbox account on my Droid2 I have an icon across the bottom which gives me "forward" or "reply" when I click it. I can't find that option in gmail at all.

Thanks,
    Bryan
    Look in the market - there's a new version of Gmail available for download.

It provides a button in the header of every email that gives you access to reply, reply all, and forward. You can also set the default behavior to reply all in Gmail settings.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID M, DROID 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post

Thanks,
    Bryan

It provides a button in the header of every email that gives you access to reply, reply all, and forward. You can also set the default behavior to reply all in Gmail settings.

and how can u tell which Gmail es the newest one? tupid question? lol
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

update

I just got my phone Thursday and was having the same problem but yesterday received an update message and things are much easier now.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by papelet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post

Thanks,
    Bryan

and how can u tell which Gmail es the newest one? tupid question? lol
    Doesn't matter if you can tell - just go to the market, search for Gmail, and find the Google Gmail app. If you have the update it'll say "installed." If you don't have the update it'll say "Update."

Even easier, just go to your Downloads section in the Market and Gmail should be listed there - as either "installed" or "Update".
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Messages not going to Inbox

Since the update to 2.2 both mine and my wife's Gmail on our Driod X's does not show messages under the Inbox label. You must now go the the All Mail label to see them. I have checked all the settings I can find. I must have missed something that got set/reset. Any ideas?

BTW, I have updated both with the newest Gmail app from the Market.

Links