DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driod 2 used as music player???

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2

Driod 2 used as music player???

I got my Droid 2 about 2 weeks ago and I was hoping that I was gonna be able to sell my Ipod and use my Droid as my primary music source. I have a Pioneer DVD player in my car and it is Ipod ready and has a USB connection right on the front. My Ipod connects right to it and brings up all my music right on the screen, no playing around with the Ipod at all. When I put music on my Droid and plugged it in to the stereo I got a message that said "unplayable file." I can use my phone through the AUX input but the sound isn't as good and I would have to control the music through my phone, rather than having it through the stereo, definitely not safe. Does anyone know how I would be able to use my phone in my car??? I downloaded Isyncr lite to see if it would read like Itunes, no luck.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    To be honest, not too familiar with usbing but maybe if you had the memory card adapter you could transfer the songs that way. Another idea is if you purchase the docking station that turns your D2 into a stereo and have it ounted in your car. Maybe other posters will be able to build on some of what I said. Hope that helps.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto - Droid
    Ok, just a SWAG, but...

Try setting the phone to "mass storage". Usually car stereo's read usb memory just fine, so if it thinks your phone is..... ???
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (A855)
    Bluetooth is also an EXCELLENT option here. I too use a Pioneer ICE system, and screw using USB or AUX, I will NEVER get another HU without BT A2DP. The pioneer iPod controls that I have do work just fine though, so you may want to try out the other suggestions. What format is all your music in?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Iphone4 ; HTC Incredible
    ^^^+1^^^ I use bluetooth to play my music player, pandora, podcasts, mlb at bat and voice dialing. Audio quality is great. I know this all depends on the head unit you have but I highly recommend getting a car stereo that handles bluetooth ad2d and avrcp(for basic control interface) just for you phone as it really let's you take advantage of the what the device has to offer. I hate cords and wires, they bug me, I can't wait until we don't even have to plug in to charge lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

bluetooth audio

Does your stereo have bluetooth capabilities? I have the droid 2 car dock and use it with blue tooth. I love it I can control the music right on the head set to a certain point. Other times I just open the music player and select the song i want. The sound from bluetooth is very compariable too that of a device plugged into an aux port. I like the fact that I can use my phone as a gps and play music as well. The music will play and when the gps says something it pauses the song and then picks it right back up. To get my music on my phone I did a simple copy and paste of songs from itunes folder to the sd card. Once in a while the phone will say something like " unable to play this file type" but i shut phone off and turn it back on and it works again. Hope this helped.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Personally id just keep the ipod. I find music playing drains battery like crazy

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Former Droid 1 & 2
    Droid Charge

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    or just put the music on a flash drive then put into stereo. done. and easier.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Four years ago I bought a Pioneer USB stereo to do the same thing with an old Cowon X5 (which mounts as USB storage). It worked... but then I realized I could just buy an external USB powered 2.5" HD and leave it in there all the time. Come to find out spinning HD don't like to spin below freezing temperature, so I replaced that with a cheapo SSD in an enclosure. This worked in any temperature and was noticeably faster to start up.

If I had to do it again, I would get a head unit with USB (to mount the SSD) and bluetooth to use my phone audio. That is really the best of both worlds - all the podcasts and last.fm radio plus navigation from my phone, and 50+ gigs of music library when I want to hear "that one song" or shuffle all for a long road trip.
    CM7 nightlies// D2 // I
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by spdivr1122 View Post
    Personally id just keep the ipod. I find music playing drains battery like crazy

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    or plug into your car charger.....

part of why I got the Droid was to consolidate devices like mp3 camera, video, etc. Unless you just have 32GB ipod full of music and the Droid doesn't have the memory for it, I see no reason why people shouldn't be able to use the Droid.

however, that said, all car audio seems to be geared around iPods, not droids. I +1 for bluetuf if you have it.

I have a BT stereo headset I use in my jeep (cuz I can't hear the speakers anyways, and in the Xterra, I use BT. I don't have a lot of music compared to some on here, but I have an average amount. My entire 100 disc CD collection are converted to MP3's so I'm happy. Whenever I hear a new song or group, I download it from Youtube staight to my music folder.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links