DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I was still within my 30 days...

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II

If I was still within my 30 days...

I would return my D2 for the Incredible for two simple reasons.

1. The incredible comes with the HTC sync that allows you to sync your outlook calendar. Right now, every time I get a new meeting invitation at work I have to export my calendar and import it into google. Why Google or Motorola won't play nice with Microsoft knowing so many people use it is beyond me.

2. The Incredible gives you the option to save files on the internal, phone, or SD card storage. That's a pretty nice option to have.

Those 2 things aside, the phones are pretty much equal from the little time I spent showing my girlfriend how to use her Incredible.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post

1. The incredible comes with the HTC sync that allows you to sync your outlook calendar. Right now, every time I get a new meeting invitation at work I have to export my calendar and import it into google. Why Google or Motorola won't play nice with Microsoft knowing so many people use it is beyond me.

2. The Incredible gives you the option to save files on the internal, phone, or SD card storage. That's a pretty nice option to have.

Those 2 things aside, the phones are pretty much equal from the little time I spent showing my girlfriend how to use her Incredible.

I am in my first 30 days and I won't even think about the Incredible.

1. No physical keyboard. Even though I don't use it much if I want it,it's available.

2. 2.2 is not native with the Incredible. It is with the D2. While the vast majority of "issues" reported with 2.2 and the Incredible are probably user error, it still is a bit of an indication that 2.2 works seamlessly with the D2.

3. It's not a Droid. It's an Android phone that Verizon named a Droid. It isn't a real Droid unless it says Motorola on it. That's not to say it isn't a good phone it's wonderful. I'm just stupid and stubborn when it comes to certain things.

I still got two weeks to go but I don't see myself switching to anything else. I'm staying with the D2.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Ps- there is a windows app that automatically syncs your outlook calendar and google calendar for you at predetermined intervals. I think its just called google calendar sync. Free. Google it, it should be what u are looking for.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Twitter - @DAndrews81
    Droid 1 - Rooted - Overclocked
    I use many different ROMs and Kernels.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I am in my first 30 days and I won't even think about the Incredible.

1. No physical keyboard. Even though I don't use it much if I want it,it's available.

2. 2.2 is not native with the Incredible. It is with the D2. While the vast majority of "issues" reported with 2.2 and the Incredible are probably user error, it still is a bit of an indication that 2.2 works seamlessly with the D2.

3. It's not a Droid. It's an Android phone that Verizon named a Droid. It isn't a real Droid unless it says Motorola on it. That's not to say it isn't a good phone it's wonderful. I'm just stupid and stubborn when it comes to certain things.

I still got two weeks to go but I don't see myself switching to anything else. I'm staying with the D2.
    1. I didn't play with her keyboard, that may change my mind not sure. She says the keyboard is just fine for her but her fingers are much smaller than mine. I have trouble with the virtual landscape keyboard on my D2, I use the physical keyboard a LOT more than I expected to.

2. I updated her phone last night to 2.2. I had no problems with it. I agree that the other users are probably experiencing a learning curve and they haven't accepted it yet.

3. Agree to disagree.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernoX51 View Post
    Ps- there is a windows app that automatically syncs your outlook calendar and google calendar for you at predetermined intervals. I think its just called google calendar sync. Free. Google it, it should be what u are looking for.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Found it, thanks. Now all I have to do is get my office to agree to let me install it.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID2
    If you dont want to use google to sync contacts/calendar and would like a more direct sync with outlook, look at Missing Sync you can try it for 14 days to test drive it.

I too am in my 30 day window, and thought about changing phones and even maybe carriers and going back to a BB.

Yesterday afternoon I was back in the store. I spoke with the store rep, the tech, and the manager. Not really wanting to switch. I can bring in my reciepts for apps that I purchase for a credit on my account ( since they are not directly billed to the account ) should I decide I want to stay with the Driod.

So Im keeping this puppy, Rooted again, and using TitiniumBackup to freeze/remove/backup some stuff hopefully get some better bat life.

Apps
    Missing Sync ( purchased last night $40)
    Profile ($2) - mainly for the whitelist

& I think Documents To Go ($15-20)

So between 57 -62 bucks credit, Im going to see if I can get a discount on a extended bat and maybe see if they will throw in Visual VM ( it never hurts to ask )

Try speaking with your rep, maybe something like this can be done as well within the 30 days
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt

RE: 1. Try touchdown. It syncs better than stock and has many other features like tasks, notes, etc.

Re: 2. I don't have an Incredible (or a D2), however I have the option to save to SD/internal on my D1 (after downloading the app). Do you mean it gives you the option to do so before you download an application? If so, that is a great feature.
    Last edited by rcd213; 09-15-2010 at 07:49 AM.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by rcd213 View Post

RE: 1. Try touchdown. It syncs better than stock and has many other features like tasks, notes, etc.

Re: 2. I don't have an Incredible (or a D2), however I have the option to save to SD/internal on my D1 (after downloading the app). Do you mean it gives you the option to do so before you download an application? If so, that is a great feature.
    1. Touchdown is for exchange, I'm talking about Outlook.

2. No, I'm talking about saving files, pics, email attachments, etc.
    Last edited by pool_shark; 09-15-2010 at 07:57 AM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by d2wheelz View Post
    If you dont want to use google to sync contacts/calendar and would like a more direct sync with outlook, look at Missing Sync you can try it for 14 days to test drive it.

I too am in my 30 day window, and thought about changing phones and even maybe carriers and going back to a BB.

Yesterday afternoon I was back in the store. I spoke with the store rep, the tech, and the manager. Not really wanting to switch. I can bring in my reciepts for apps that I purchase for a credit on my account ( since they are not directly billed to the account ) should I decide I want to stay with the Driod.

So Im keeping this puppy, Rooted again, and using TitiniumBackup to freeze/remove/backup some stuff hopefully get some better bat life.

Apps
    Missing Sync ( purchased last night $40)
    Profile ($2) - mainly for the whitelist

& I think Documents To Go ($15-20)

So between 57 -62 bucks credit, Im going to see if I can get a discount on a extended bat and maybe see if they will throw in Visual VM ( it never hurts to ask )

Try speaking with your rep, maybe something like this can be done as well within the 30 days
    I am no longer in my 30 days.

Am I reading correctly that missing sync does the sync via wifi or blue tooth only? If so, that won't work me my on my office machine. Our personal devices are not allowed on our network.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by rcd213 View Post

1. Touchdown is for exchange, I'm talking about Outlook they are not the same.

2. No, I'm talking about saving files, pics, email attachments, etc.
    1. Ah, I use them interchangably so often, I just assumed. Sorry I couldn't help.

2. Once again, I misunderstood you, sorry. Also, I'm used to everything saving directly to the SD card because of the internal memory is so low on the droid 1.

Those features are pretty convenient nonetheless.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links