DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Contact Photos - Sync with Outlook

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2

Contact Photos - Sync with Outlook

So, I'm new to Android. Been a WinMo user for 7 years! I love the speed and sophistication of the new device. WinMo is an absolute dog to use.

My last phone, Touch Pro 2, had fantastic Sync ability with Outlook. Not only would I get calendar, contacts, and email, but also Tasks and Notes would 2-way sync in real-time (push).

I don't really use the Tasks, but it would be great to get 2-way real-time sync for Notes. Anybody have a solution for that? I've been using Note Everything with decent success, but no sync.

Onto my real question. Anybody have a solution for getting the photos in Outlook to sync with the phone? WinMo handles this easily. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind having a LinkedIn contacts sync for the phone. That's how Outlook got most of the photos I have anyway.

The other thing I miss about the WinMo phone was the ability to cut&paste from emails and spell check emails before sending. For those of you who've made the transition - how did you address those issues?

Thanks!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    You can cut and paste. Click on menu key and pick select text.
    Sent from my Android Acer Iconia 500.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
    Unfortunately, that doesn't work while in "read" mode. My menu key has only two options: "Move" and "Mark unread". Also, you can't use the click and hold to cut out of emails either. It doesn't respond to the long hold.

I've even tried forwarding a message, since you can click and hold while "composing". However, it doesn't respond to click and hold while clicking on the "Original message".

Sorry Droid fans - there is no cut and paste from an received email.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    I can on my droid 2.
    Sent from my Android Acer Iconia 500.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by thxalot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
    Unfortunately, that doesn't work while in "read" mode. My menu key has only two options: "Move" and "Mark unread". Also, you can't use the click and hold to cut out of emails either. It doesn't respond to the long hold.

I've even tried forwarding a message, since you can click and hold while "composing". However, it doesn't respond to click and hold while clicking on the "Original message".

Sorry Droid fans - there is no cut and paste from an received email.
    You can copy/paste from a received email in the Gmail client....Select Text option.

That option is not yet available in the Email client (Exchange email), unfortunately.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Outlook sync to Android

OK, you have a couple of questions. First, there are a lot of sync software solutions to go from Outlook to your Android. I personally use Go Contact Sync and it does sync the contact pictures. That only syncs contacts. You probably want to sync more than that at one time, so I suggest you go to www.syncdroid.net. They have a chart of the sync software, what it syncs (calendar, contacts, NOTES, tasks, email), the price, whether it uses USB or wireless, and more. Find the ones that are interesting to you and view the manufacturers websites to see if they sync the contact pictures.

On the notes, syncdroid.net does tell you whether the sync software will sync it them or not (like gSyncit will sync notes to Google Docs and gDocs installed on the Android can access them). There is also a second smaller chart with note sync alternatives. If you use a Dropbox folder on your PC, for instance, you can export your Outlook notes there and use Dropbox on the Android to access them. Just read up on your alternatives and choose one that suites you.

Links