New Droid 2 owner with some issues (yes I searched)
Ok, just got my new Droid 2 last week, and I'm a former Blackberry owner. So far, I love a lot of things about the phone, but at the same time I'm struggling with a few things. I really want this new relationship to work out, maybe it's just going to take some time to figure all this stuff out.
Please help...as mentioned, I like a lot of things about this D2, but I hope there's something I'm missing on the above. Seems like a lot of this is pretty basic stuff.
- How do you cut/paste into notepad apps or email, etc? Please tell me I don't have to buy an app to do such a basic feature that has been around for so long! My :blackberry: did this with no problem.
- So this thing does not come with any desktop software that will handle backup/restoring??? Please tell me I don't have to buy an app for this! With my :blackberry: I knew that I could restore EVERYTHING just the way I had it.
- Gmail is the only email I have installed on the phone so far. However, when I open Gmail messages in the Gmail app, they are still left unread in the other email boxes?!!? Please tell me I don't have to buy an app for this! My :blackberry: would mark the messages read if I had opened them in just one of the in-boxes.
- Calendar--how do I insert a calendar entry?!!? It gives me the message "You must synchronize a calendar before creating a new event". What is this about? I just need to put some stuff in here. Also, my :blackberry: would put all of my facebook friends' birthday on the calendar automatically, which I liked.
- I received an email yesterday with a .MOV video clip attached. It played the clip, but NO sound... what's up with that? I know there's sound because it played on the computer with sound when I checked it there.