DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone used ClockWorkMod (or similar) on Droid 2?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid2
    here is what all i did, after i found the unlocker, i booted into recovery mode and made a full backup. rebooted the phone and went into the settings page, then to privacy and performed a factory reset. after the factory reset, everything went back to like i just turned it on for first time..... except super user permissions stayed. i reinstalled the bootstrap loader, booted into recovery and made a backup immediately after the factory reset. i did a couple different tests, with the reset phone i did a advanced recovery of the data and the cache, and that put it back to the way it wad before the reset all installed apps and tweaks were there. then i did pretty much the opposite, did another recovery but this time restored the system only from the reset back up the system.... it pretty much put it back to the factory reset BUT some old app files and caches were lingering. i have not seen any issue at all so far. you can download the apk version of the file from here
    http://koush.tandtgaming.com//motoro...2Bootstrap.apk
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Travman View Post
    here is what all i did, after i found the unlocker, i booted into recovery mode and made a full backup. rebooted the phone and went into the settings page, then to privacy and performed a factory reset. after the factory reset, everything went back to like i just turned it on for first time..... except super user permissions stayed. i reinstalled the bootstrap loader, booted into recovery and made a backup immediately after the factory reset. i did a couple different tests, with the reset phone i did a advanced recovery of the data and the cache, and that put it back to the way it wad before the reset all installed apps and tweaks were there. then i did pretty much the opposite, did another recovery but this time restored the system only from the reset back up the system.... it pretty much put it back to the factory reset BUT some old app files and caches were lingering. i have not seen any issue at all so far. you can download the apk version of the file from here
    http://koush.tandtgaming.com//motoro...2Bootstrap.apk

Wow! Fantastic information. Thanks!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Downloaded the bootstrapper, installed it and it seemed to work fine. Ran a simple nandroid backup successfully!

Thanks for the info everyone!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid2

Dont rename backups

i learned something very important last night, do not remae the backups, if you do when you try to restore from that backup it will give you a md5 checksum error. when i got that i freaked the hell out, it took me about 4 hours of searching to find out how to fix this. my pain is your gain, this is for clockwork recovery not sure if works for others.

i dont know the specifics of how the md5 checksum works, but when it tried to verify it wont because the backup folder name does not match what it in the md5. it is actually a really easy fix, take the sd card out of phone and install somehow access it by a computer. find the renamed folder, right click and go to properties. find the date created, that is what you have to rename the folder back to for the recovery to work.

here the format year-month-date-hour-minute-second
    ie 2010-09-05-13-28-09

hope this keeps yall from the stress and headaches i went through last night
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links