DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any apps out there that can restore my phones auto rotate feature,

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Are there any apps out there that can restore my phones auto rotate feature,

Yes apparently this was a bug, and my phone no longer auto rotates. It used to rotate to matter what way i was holding it but now it only goes into landscape mode if the keyboad is open. I want to go back to how it was. There are no Droid2 ROMs yet so are there any hacks or apps? I know the Panda Theme can do this but I was hoping to not run soemthing to boggy like that, cant it takes away my call and contacts button, any help?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Motorolla Droid
    launcher pro is a widely used home replacement, it'll speed your phone up a lot too It'll allow you to hold your phone anyway you want. The phones option to auto rotate will conflict with launcher pro's auto rotate though, one controls the home screen while the other seems to control the apps.

I have the phone auto rotate option turned on, this allows my apps to rotate but I have it turned off on launcher pro so my home screen doesn't rotate, I hate pulling out my phone and having to wait for the screen to rotate for me to do what I want.
    Android does where iPhone doesn't. Droid can where Backflip shouldn't
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbooth12 View Post
    Yes apparently this was a bug, and my phone no longer auto rotates. It used to rotate to matter what way i was holding it but now it only goes into landscape mode if the keyboad is open. I want to go back to how it was. There are no Droid2 ROMs yet so are there any hacks or apps? I know the Panda Theme can do this but I was hoping to not run soemthing to boggy like that, cant it takes away my call and contacts button, any help?
    It's not a bug, it's something that is malfunctioning on your phone. I wouldn't put in a launcher, I'd take it to Verizon and get a new one specially if you are in your first 30 days.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    I second the take it back notion, the bug might get worse and things on the D2 are not as easily solved as they are on the Original D

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    if settings-display-check auto rotate stops working, then something wrong with phone and you should take it to verizon...IMO
    Formally Azilla and switching my name these days.
    Rocking a CDMA Galaxy Nexus, Running AOKP B26, Leankernel w/leantweaks...
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    You're saying it doesn't auto rotate even in the apps, or that it doesn't auto rotate on the home screen?

There are people who have stated that their home screens did rotate to landscape with the keyboard in. Is that what you're referring to?

Could it be that you have installed an app that is interfering?
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    You're saying it doesn't auto rotate even in the apps, or that it doesn't auto rotate on the home screen?

There are people who have stated that their home screens did rotate to landscape with the keyboard in. Is that what you're referring to?

Using the stock launcher the home screen does not go into landscape unless you pull out the keyboard. At least mine never has.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

Using the stock launcher the home screen does not go into landscape unless you pull out the keyboard. At least mine never has.
    Mine never has either, but there are many people who state theirs did and now doesn't. Just because mine never did doesn't give me a reason to doubt the others.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Stock launcher has this feature under settings - display so phone will auto rotate w/o keyboard out.

Formally Azilla and switching my name these days.
    Rocking a CDMA Galaxy Nexus, Running AOKP B26, Leankernel w/leantweaks...
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilla View Post
    Stock launcher has this feature under settings - display so phone will auto rotate w/o keyboard out.

There are more people stating the home screen DOES NOT rotate unless the keyboard is out than there are saying that it does.
    My home screen has never rotated unless the keyboard is out, we aren't talking about within apps, that works just fine, we are only talking about the home screen.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links