DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Are there any apps out there that can restore my phones auto rotate feature,

  1. Junior Droid
    chrisbooth12's Avatar
    Member #
    113225
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Are there any apps out there that can restore my phones auto rotate feature,

    Yes apparently this was a bug, and my phone no longer auto rotates. It used to rotate to matter what way i was holding it but now it only goes into landscape mode if the keyboad is open. I want to go back to how it was. There are no Droid2 ROMs yet so are there any hacks or apps? I know the Panda Theme can do this but I was hoping to not run soemthing to boggy like that, cant it takes away my call and contacts button, any help?
  2. Master Droid
    SpykeZ's Avatar
    Member #
    60139
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    406
    Phone
    Verizon Motorolla Droid
    #2
    launcher pro is a widely used home replacement, it'll speed your phone up a lot too It'll allow you to hold your phone anyway you want. The phones option to auto rotate will conflict with launcher pro's auto rotate though, one controls the home screen while the other seems to control the apps.

    I have the phone auto rotate option turned on, this allows my apps to rotate but I have it turned off on launcher pro so my home screen doesn't rotate, I hate pulling out my phone and having to wait for the screen to rotate for me to do what I want.
    Android does where iPhone doesn't. Droid can where Backflip shouldn't
  3. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbooth12 View Post
    Yes apparently this was a bug, and my phone no longer auto rotates. It used to rotate to matter what way i was holding it but now it only goes into landscape mode if the keyboad is open. I want to go back to how it was. There are no Droid2 ROMs yet so are there any hacks or apps? I know the Panda Theme can do this but I was hoping to not run soemthing to boggy like that, cant it takes away my call and contacts button, any help?
    It's not a bug, it's something that is malfunctioning on your phone. I wouldn't put in a launcher, I'd take it to Verizon and get a new one specially if you are in your first 30 days.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Developer Relations
    tp7six's Avatar
    Member #
    61666
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,512
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    #4
    I second the take it back notion, the bug might get worse and things on the D2 are not as easily solved as they are on the Original D

  5. Senior Droid
    Syraz's Avatar
    Member #
    67567
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    221
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    if settings-display-check auto rotate stops working, then something wrong with phone and you should take it to verizon...IMO
    Formally Azilla and switching my name these days.
    Rocking a CDMA Galaxy Nexus, Running AOKP B26, Leankernel w/leantweaks...
  6. Droid Ninja
    pool_shark's Avatar
    Member #
    52406
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,395
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    #6
    You're saying it doesn't auto rotate even in the apps, or that it doesn't auto rotate on the home screen?

    There are people who have stated that their home screens did rotate to landscape with the keyboard in. Is that what you're referring to?

    Could it be that you have installed an app that is interfering?
  7. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    You're saying it doesn't auto rotate even in the apps, or that it doesn't auto rotate on the home screen?

    There are people who have stated that their home screens did rotate to landscape with the keyboard in. Is that what you're referring to?

    Could it be that you have installed an app that is interfering?
    Using the stock launcher the home screen does not go into landscape unless you pull out the keyboard. At least mine never has.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid Ninja
    pool_shark's Avatar
    Member #
    52406
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,395
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    You're saying it doesn't auto rotate even in the apps, or that it doesn't auto rotate on the home screen?

    There are people who have stated that their home screens did rotate to landscape with the keyboard in. Is that what you're referring to?

    Could it be that you have installed an app that is interfering?
    Using the stock launcher the home screen does not go into landscape unless you pull out the keyboard. At least mine never has.
    Mine never has either, but there are many people who state theirs did and now doesn't. Just because mine never did doesn't give me a reason to doubt the others.
  9. Senior Droid
    Syraz's Avatar
    Member #
    67567
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    221
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #9
    Stock launcher has this feature under settings - display so phone will auto rotate w/o keyboard out.

    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    You're saying it doesn't auto rotate even in the apps, or that it doesn't auto rotate on the home screen?

    There are people who have stated that their home screens did rotate to landscape with the keyboard in. Is that what you're referring to?

    Could it be that you have installed an app that is interfering?
    Using the stock launcher the home screen does not go into landscape unless you pull out the keyboard. At least mine never has.
    Formally Azilla and switching my name these days.
    Rocking a CDMA Galaxy Nexus, Running AOKP B26, Leankernel w/leantweaks...
  10. Droid Ninja
    pool_shark's Avatar
    Member #
    52406
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,395
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilla View Post
    Stock launcher has this feature under settings - display so phone will auto rotate w/o keyboard out.

    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    You're saying it doesn't auto rotate even in the apps, or that it doesn't auto rotate on the home screen?

    There are people who have stated that their home screens did rotate to landscape with the keyboard in. Is that what you're referring to?

    Could it be that you have installed an app that is interfering?
    Using the stock launcher the home screen does not go into landscape unless you pull out the keyboard. At least mine never has.
    There are more people stating the home screen DOES NOT rotate unless the keyboard is out than there are saying that it does.
    My home screen has never rotated unless the keyboard is out, we aren't talking about within apps, that works just fine, we are only talking about the home screen.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Auto Rotate
    By RobStemen in forum cvpcs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 02:28 AM
  2. Auto-Location feature NOT auto locating
    By tfkennady in forum Bugless
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
  3. 360 auto-rotate
    By Balthazar in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 05:53 PM
  4. Best rom without homescreen auto-rotate?
    By gatorbait in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 12:54 AM
  5. Screen Auto Rotate
    By fairoak in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 06:38 AM

Search tags for this page

android auto rotate fix
,
auto rotate fix samsung epic
,

epic 4g auto rotate

,
epic 4g not auto rotating
,
epic home screen wont rotate
,
epic screen not auto-rotating
,

my phone isn't rotating

,

rotation of droid keyboard

,
samsung epic screen wont rotate
,

why wont my phone autorotate

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+