DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Sound notifications

  1. Droid Newbie
    fourfives's Avatar
    Member #
    112294
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Sound notifications

    Went from a BB tour to a D2....man I love this phone but I'm having issues with probably something that has a very simple solution.

    I basically want to set me phone to ring on a call, but not make any sound notification when I get an email, facebook update...etc. I've gone blind trying to figure this out. Surely its easier than I'm making it out to be!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    want a droid's Avatar
    Member #
    84798
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,094
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by fourfives View Post
    Went from a BB tour to a D2....man I love this phone but I'm having issues with probably something that has a very simple solution.

    I basically want to set me phone to ring on a call, but not make any sound notification when I get an email, facebook update...etc. I've gone blind trying to figure this out. Surely its easier than I'm making it out to be!
    On the facebook app press the 4 square button and click settings and you'll see notifications and vibrate on notifications and notifications ringtone etc.

    do the same if youre using the gmail app.
  4. Master Droid
    gonnadie4thegov's Avatar
    Member #
    43244
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    453
    Phone
    Moto Droid2
    #3
    you need to go into the settings of each of the apps that you want and turn the notifications off for that app

    usually when you are on the main page of the app hit the menu button (left most button) and then look for settings then notifications and usually there is check box to turn them off

    or if you want them all gone to go settings - sounds and change it to the facebook pop, you can barely hear that stupid sound lol

    and you get facebook notifications!!!!???? enjoy them while they work haha
  5. Droid Newbie
    fourfives's Avatar
    Member #
    112294
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Oh nice, thanks for the help...knew it would be so easy its hard
  6. Senior Droid
    mindytyson3's Avatar
    Member #
    101038
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    193
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    #5
    i have quick profiles app on mine and you can make your own ring tone profile. i have one for night time so it is set to ring and not hear any other sounds on my phone like sms, mms, email...etc. its awesome. you can make up different profiles for whatever you like.
  7. Droid Newbie
    knight48's Avatar
    Member #
    115188
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    droid2
    #6
    I have read through many threads and with info gained here and online elsewhere Iíve added my own notifications to my droid using the method of adding root files to my SD card. I can see them and I can assign a unique to each application I want. EX- I want one for each email (google, yahoo, work) one for voice mail and one for text messaging etc.
    Thus far I am able to assign unique notifications for voicemail and text but each time I am in the specific email application and assign a unique notification if defaults the other email apps to that same sound.
    Suggestions or tips?
  8. Junior Droid
    joey301's Avatar
    Member #
    15488
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #7

    Unhappy I can't stop notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnadie4thegov View Post
    you need to go into the settings of each of the apps that you want and turn the notifications off for that app

    usually when you are on the main page of the app hit the menu button (left most button) and then look for settings then notifications and usually there is check box to turn them off

    or if you want them all gone to go settings - sounds and change it to the facebook pop, you can barely hear that stupid sound lol

    and you get facebook notifications!!!!???? enjoy them while they work haha
    This does not seem to be working for me. I have several email accounts combined under email. No matter how I do the settings, I am still getting a sound notification. Since I have syn turned ON, this is sending me constant notifications. I have gone to the Email app and found the notification settings, there I first tried unchecking the first box. That did not work, so I checked the first box, then on the second box where I choose sound, I chose silent. Still, I get the same notification. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to globally change all notifications to NO Sound?
    Thx,
    Joey
  9. Droid
    Barristro's Avatar
    Member #
    104800
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by joey301 View Post

    This does not seem to be working for me. I have several email accounts combined under email. No matter how I do the settings, I am still getting a sound notification. Since I have syn turned ON, this is sending me constant notifications. I have gone to the Email app and found the notification settings, there I first tried unchecking the first box. That did not work, so I checked the first box, then on the second box where I choose sound, I chose silent. Still, I get the same notification. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to globally change all notifications to NO Sound?
    Thx,
    Joey
    Possibly you have another App running that is giving you its alert when the notification comes in.
  10. Droid
    Smokeyham's Avatar
    Member #
    131553
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    49
    Phone
    Droid 2 (Motorola)
    #9

    Indvidualized Notifications for Different E-mail accounts

    Quote Originally Posted by knight48 View Post

    Thus far I am able to assign unique notifications for voicemail and text but each time I am in the specific email application and assign a unique notification if defaults the other email apps to that same sound.
    Try the Handcent App. I have found that to be very customizable
  11. Junior Droid
    Purluxry's Avatar
    Member #
    166526
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    DX rooted, overclocked
    #10
    after intsalling Mrbobrowitz "dropred" theme is get the "DROID " notification along with my custom tone along with an additional icon in notification bar. I have turned off all notifications in sound, and in the messaging. I get this with text, email, etc please help

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Notifications: Sound to Vibrate to Sound ?
    By downtime57 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 10:28 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 06:27 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 06:34 AM
  4. Can you text message sound notifications??
    By JUST BLEED in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 11:20 AM
  5. I have more than one sound for notifications... how?
    By dannydoes in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 09:16 PM

Search tags for this page

android stop facebook sounds
,
facebook pop android
,
facebook pop notification sound
,
facebook pop ringtone
,
facebook pop ringtone android
,

facebook pop sound

,
facebook pop sound android
,
facebook pop sound for android
,
how do you delete facebook pop ringtone
,
how to remove notifications sounds from emails and facebook
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+