I set it up exactly as you directed and voila, I FINALLY got it to work. Thank you so much for your guidance.
pop3.zoominternet.net -> port 110
smtp.zoominternet.net -> port 25
I think one piece of the puzzle is that you should activate without connected to a Wi-Fi network (just disable while you set up your account). It appears that Armstrong does allow access from the Wireless carrier to their mailservers but if you are connecting through Wi-Fi (like your companies network) they block those.. Good luck!
That did the trick and many thanks. It's working just fine now, FINALLY! Over a year w/o being able to use my main email address on my cell sure had me shopping for another phone where it would work, that's for sure. mdhunter2
I had the same problem. What a pain in the butt. Spoke with Verizon and Armstrong. Nobody could help. Verizon said to try a factory reset. Before doing that, I looked here. Glad I did! Changed my outgoing port number from 587 to 25 and it worked like a charm. Thank you!