DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ordered Droid 2 About 30 minutes Ago

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member

Ordered Droid 2 About 30 minutes Ago

I had to call back because the text they sent me with the order number didn't have a price. However when I called back the rep told me that it should arrive either tomorrow or Saturdays as it's already been processed. Still can't see my order on line though.

Anyway I wanted the Droid 2 so I could continue in my learning experience with the Droid family. Whether it gets here tomorrow, Saturday or Tuesday I'm looking forward to it. Glad they had it in stock, no delays.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Thanks alot hooky!! You made me so jealous I'm gonna have to upgrade now too!!
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    I ordered the Incredible for my wife on Saturday and it got here yesterday, that plus the news of Root on the D2 is really making me itch for a new phone, I played with the D2 in the VZW store and the upgraded physical keyboard is heavenly, a much needed improvement...congrats Hook, I look forward to hearing your impressions of it

5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Cool . . . I'm very pleased I made the switch from an iPhone to the Droid 2.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tparker76 View Post
    I ordered the Incredible for my wife on Saturday and it got here yesterday, that plus the news of Root on the D2 is really making me itch for a new phone, I played with the D2 in the VZW store and the upgraded physical keyboard is heavenly, a much needed improvement...congrats Hook, I look forward to hearing your impressions of it
    I'm not itching to root it just yet. That may take a while, I figure a month, but with the amount of peer pressure I get in here I'll be lucky if i last a week.

While I'm waiting on it I can do some research on how to root it.

It will be interesting to see how my apps come back to me. This will make my fourth smart phone in 2 years.

BTW my upgrade date was 9/9 and I just asked if they would be kind enough to push it up for me and they said since I was a good customer, yaddy yah yah, it wouldn't be an issue. So I didn't pay anything above the 199 plus tax.

If you're thinking about an early upgrade and you are within striking distance give them a call.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

BTW my upgrade date was 9/9 and I just asked if they would be kind enough to push it up for me and they said since I was a good customer, yaddy yah yah, it wouldn't be an issue. So I didn't pay anything above the 199 plus tax.

If you're thinking about an early upgrade and you are within striking distance give them a call.
    Hook, they probably watch the Forum and put two and two together about who you were and figured it was in their best interest to let you upgrade

The D2 is really tempting but I would like to celebrate the one year Anniversary with my Original Droid (11-6-2010).......(you never know though)

8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I have to admit I already have felt a bit of buyers remorse. I mean my Droid is so darn good. What if a stock 2 isn't as good as my D1? Well it will be fun to play with. And hopefully I can help people a little better by having some experience with another Droid.

I know they use the same batteries and I'll have plenty of extra. And chargers.
  9. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Maybe if you leave the two in the same room, right next to eachother overnight they will procreate and form a Super Device with a 1.55GHz processor and an unlocked bootloader

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tparker76 View Post
    I'm not itching to root it just yet. That may take a while, I figure a month, but with the amount of peer pressure I get in here I'll be lucky if i last a week.

While I'm waiting on it I can do some research on how to root it.

It will be interesting to see how my apps come back to me. This will make my fourth smart phone in 2 years.

If you have a Droid 1 how is it your up for a upgrade on 9/9?
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Hook all I gotta say is congrats and by the way rooting is pretty easy and a sbf file is available
    jim

DROID2_X6_2.2.20_SHADOW_BP_C_01.09.05P_P2_USERBLD_ SECURE.sbf
    Last edited by jim6172; 08-26-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links