DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I keep hearing how great this phone is, but then I read about all of these "problems"

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    8330 (soon to be D2)

I keep hearing how great this phone is, but then I read about all of these "problems"

Do I really want to give up my bulletproof Curve, even though it's a little (ok, a lot) dated?
    Wifi, battery, set this, switch off that. . . .bal blah.
    It was a huge jump from my EnV to the Curve. It was a great experience. Push E-mail, one button Quicklaunch side menu, a keyboard that is still fantastic. All of these things I will miss. Will I miss them too much?
    In my playing aroud at the store I found something right away that was irritating. (This is the phone I am leaning to, so this is just my initial impression)
    I don't like having to unlock the screen on the D2 every time I hit the power button on top of the phone. If I have to power it up, why do I have to unlock the damn thing every time?

Hmmmm. Got my credit card out, by still havent pulled the trigger.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid w/ Froyo
    I jumped from a curve 8330 to a storm 1 to the droid. There is a small learning curve to it. I missed my push e-mail and bbm for about and hour. Once I got the hang of it I havent looked back. There are a few down sides about the phone, but no more than any phone that RIM has ever put out. Give it a shot. You always have 30 days to make up your mind.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    There are multiple free apps to get rid of the slide lock, I'm using no lock.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid2
    Yeah, there are lots of ways to alter the configuration. While getting used to the phone it might be convenient to turn off the slide and unlock features. From a security standpoint it's nice they're turned on by default.

It also takes a bit of use to decide what you like to have on the home screens. It's easy to rearrange things to better suit your expected use. Like putting the camera, gallery and camcorder on the main home page when on vacation at the beach, but moving them off once back at work. Pretty handy.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    Yeah, there are lots of ways to alter the configuration. While getting used to the phone it might be convenient to turn off the slide and unlock features. From a security standpoint it's nice they're turned on by default.

It also takes a bit of use to decide what you like to have on the home screens. It's easy to rearrange things to better suit your expected use. Like putting the camera, gallery and camcorder on the main home page when on vacation at the beach, but moving them off once back at work. Pretty handy.
    The camera can be launched with the side button, although mine doesn't always work.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid2
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    The camera can be launched with the side button, although mine doesn't always work.
    Yeah, there seems to be something about the sensitivity of the side button that keeps it from bringing up the camera accidentally. Sometimes it takes effort to really get it to open the camera app. Holding it until the haptic shake feedback does seem to work though. But a single tap usually doesn't. If you don't use the camera much, that's a good thing.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    blackberry user here, 8900 and 8520 and now have a droid1. took just one day to get used to the droid, and now its my most used phone, i barely use the 8900 anymore.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Same here . . .
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    Yeah, there seems to be something about the sensitivity of the side button that keeps it from bringing up the camera accidentally. Sometimes it takes effort to really get it to open the camera app. Holding it until the haptic shake feedback does seem to work though. But a single tap usually doesn't. If you don't use the camera much, that's a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby_v View Post

Same here . . .

I noticed that if the button isn't working, you can launch the camera from the icon, then the button works again. It's very strange.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GNex
    Also came from a BB (tour) a couple of weeks ago. I do miss the keyboard, but I'm getting better on the D2 every day and find it's better than the BB in nearly every other way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links