DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Universal inbox and google

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    dare

Universal inbox and google

how do i get my google mail notification through my universal inbox?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I would love to have the universal inbox as a widget on the home screen. Unfortunately I read this is not possible to do.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid 2
    If you setup your google inbox as a corporate sync, with m.google.com as the address, it works in the universal inbox.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsicle View Post
    Our Droid 2's come stock with a Motorola widget called "Messaging". Click/tap on this widget after it is installed and a menu will appear. First look at "Widget settings" to see what accounts you have listed. Then go to "Add account" and follow the on-screen instructions for setting up your gmail.

After completing this, the widget will display your emails - and any other messages from accounts you have setup.

This is one of the MotoBLUR technologies that ties together all of your accounts into one place - so - you'll also see messages from other accounts you've set up. I believe they mirror the accounts you set up in "social networking".
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt & Xoom
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoul8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsicle View Post
    Our Droid 2's come stock with a Motorola widget called "Messaging". Click/tap on this widget after it is installed and a menu will appear. First look at "Widget settings" to see what accounts you have listed. Then go to "Add account" and follow the on-screen instructions for setting up your gmail.

After completing this, the widget will display your emails - and any other messages from accounts you have setup.

This is one of the MotoBLUR technologies that ties together all of your accounts into one place - so - you'll also see messages from other accounts you've set up. I believe they mirror the accounts you set up in "social networking".
    I hope that is a change in the newest Android 2.2 that runs on the D2. Because on the DX which still has 2.1 you have to set up your gmail account as an "email" account for it to be visible in the messaging widget.

Sometimes a "smartphone" is only as smart as its user.

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfsig45 View Post
    I hope that is a change in the newest Android 2.2 that runs on the D2. Because on the DX which still has 2.1 you have to set up your gmail account as an "email" account for it to be visible in the messaging widget.

I believe it is. I first had the original Droid running 2.1, and upgraded to the Droid 2 running 2.2 a very short while after. From what I've read, the Droid 2.1 didn't feature any of the "MotoBLUR" features which was Motorola's "front end application" that interfaced with all of your messaging sources in one unified location. One reason why I upgraded to the Droid 2 was because I read it was bundled with the MotoBLUR technology. I've read a few debates where some people would have preferred the Droid 2 shipping with stock Android 2.2, because the Motorola features can not be deleted.

So, in short, yes =-) Ensure that all of your accounts are accounted for under the messaging widget's menu system - double check them under the "Social Networking" application, and all of your messaging will be centralized.

My configured accounts for the widget are; text messaging, facebook, twitter, and my email accounts. Yes, you can select which ones you want displayed and which ones you would rather not.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I have no idea WTF WhiteSoul8 is talking about, because what you just said is definitely still the case.

The "universal inbox" only works for accounts that Blur handles. This is Corporate Sync, IMAP accounts, POP3, and Social networking (twitter/facebook/etc).

GMail doesn't show up in the universal inbox, unless you set it up as IMAP (via the normal "Email" option) or as Corporate Sync (which should be possible now I believe).
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    GMail doesn't show up in the universal inbox, unless you set it up as IMAP (via the normal "Email" option) or as Corporate Sync (which should be possible now I believe).[/QUOTE]

Can someone please post the steps to add Gmail to the universal inbox through the Corporate Sync option?

Obviously going to 'My Account' is the first step, then 'add account' then 'Corporate Sync'

My big question is, what do you put for the Gmail 'domain' and 'server'?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Storm-Droid X ordered
    I did this and now receive duplicate gmail notifications. My question is. .. if i delete one of gmail accounts will i lose the gmail contacts and calender sync and still be able to get the universal inbox notification? It doesn't seem like the corp sync setup has the full gmail sync capabilities.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Yeah I wish the regular gmails would sync with the universal inbox..
    Sent from my Android Acer Iconia 500.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links