DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Exhange mail issues/questions

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

More Exhange mail issues/questions

1. I thought one of the reasons to setup exchange mail via corporate sync was to get new mail pushed instantly to the phone. It's not working out this way for me, even though I have data push enabled, some emails are getting delayed by as much as 10 mins! Any way to fix that?
    2. I cannot figure out a way to select and copy any contents of an email so that it could be pasted somewhere else. Surely there must be a way to do this!?
    3. Still cannot search my my exchange messages?!?!

If anyone has any insight into these issues, please speak up! All help greatly appreciated.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    1. You're not running a task killer, right? Don't. And do NOT use the stock email client! It is buggy. See this link for suggestions: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tec...ange-help.html

2. K9 (free from the market) allows copy and paste. I don't think the stock email allows this.

3. K9 has search

As the link I posted says, Touchdown (another client, not free) is designed to work with exchange so it may be the best thing if you can spend the money. Anyway, the market has a 24 hour return policy so you can at least check it out.
    Last edited by aminaked; 08-16-2010 at 02:45 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by aminaked View Post
    1. You're not running a task killer, right? Don't. And do NOT use the stock email client! It is buggy. See this link for suggestions: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tec...ange-help.html

2. K9 (free from the market) allows copy and paste. I don't think the stock email allows this.

3. K9 has search

As the link I posted says, Touchdown (another client, not free) is designed to work with exchange so it may be the best thing if you can spend the money. Anyway, the market has a 24 hour return policy so you can at least check it out.
    Thanks for all the helpful info. I will try out K9!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    K9 doesn't work for everyone. (I think it's Microsoft's fault more than K9's.) But it's free so definitely worth a try. Maildroid is also free.

Touchdown isn't free, but I just checked it out and it looks like there's a 30 day free trial. It's actually called Exchange for Android 2.x
    I read that Droid X users can get Touchdown for free. I'm not sure about Droid 2 users though.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by aminaked View Post
    K9 doesn't work for everyone. (I think it's Microsoft's fault more than K9's.) But it's free so definitely worth a try. Maildroid is also free.

Touchdown isn't free, but I just checked it out and it looks like there's a 30 day free trial. It's actually called Exchange for Android 2.x
    I read that Droid X users can get Touchdown for free. I'm not sure about Droid 2 users though.
    It is shocking to me that we have to resort to third party apps for what is considered standard functionality on other smart phones (blackberries).
    I hope Google is aware of all these issues and is working on implementing/improving these features.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by droidny View Post
    It is shocking to me that we have to resort to third party apps for what is considered standard functionality on other smart phones (blackberries).
    I hope Google is aware of all these issues and is working on implementing/improving these features.
    A big thing about 2.2 was that it supposedly had a bunch of Exchange-related fixes/enhancements.

In Google's defense, Android is a very new platform and it takes time to deal with all the quirks of interfacing with a Microsoft product. Like I said, I personally blame Microsoft more than any email client.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Since android is more of a consumer platform it's to be expected. The fact that Nokia's Symbian, Apple's iPhone, Windows Mobile (naturally) all support Exchange and Android is the odd one out. They'd rather work on Google maps and Voice search stuff...
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    They'd rather you switch to gmail! Ah, I was dumping on Microsoft, but Google is just as evil. Corporations! So evil!
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Does anybody know if the Samsung Galaxy S line or HTC Incredible has this same corporate sync/push problem? It's ridiculous on my Droid 2!
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevroc View Post
    Since android is more of a consumer platform it's to be expected. The fact that Nokia's Symbian, Apple's iPhone, Windows Mobile (naturally) all support Exchange and Android is the odd one out. They'd rather work on Google maps and Voice search stuff...
    But you have to remember that it did take apple quite awhile to get their exchange support fully functioning on the iphone.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links