Well it seems Best Buy confirmed the 12th as the official release date for the Droid 2.
Here is a screen shot and some info on the phone from droid-life..
That hard-to-read screen text says:
Droid 2: Hard Street Date August 12
Looking for some devices to go with those mysterious Rocketfish cases you received last week? How about the Motorola Droid 2?
The Droid 2 launches Thursday, August 12 with a hard street date. Do not sell the Droid 2 before August 12.
Check out just a few of the specs below:
- The first Verizon smartphone to launch Android 2.2 (Froyo) with Adobe Flash 10.1
- Big screen: 3.7 inches
- 1 GHz processor that loads web pages 40 percent faster than the original Droid
- Becomes a 3G mobile hotspot for up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices
- Multiple input options. Touch, talk, type, or SWYPE, bigger physical QWERTY keyboard
- 8 GB pre-loaded microSD card and 8 GB of internal memory (upgradeable to 40 GB with optional 32 GB microSD)
- Facebook, MySpace and twitter in real time without logging into multiple sites
- Universal Inbox: See texts, social network messages, email, Exchange, and more (or view them all separately)
- 5 MP camera with dual LED flash, digital zoom, and autofocus. DVD-quality video recorder