DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release Date?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Release Date?

Do we have any idea of a release date for the Droid 2? I am looking into it because I will be getting a Verizon contract in early August (getting off of the horrible At&t service) and I think this phone would be best for me as I like a keyboard and its processor will be fast.

Any idea on release date? I have heard July and August tossed around... What if it comes out in late August? I think they allow you to turn in a phone within thirty days, so I could get a different phone then turn it in when the Droid 2 became available.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If I were you I would expect the D2 to drop with in 6 weeks of the X
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by astronomeric210 View Post
    Do we have any idea of a release date for the Droid 2? I am looking into it because I will be getting a Verizon contract in early August (getting off of the horrible At&t service) and I think this phone would be best for me as I like a keyboard and its processor will be fast.

Any idea on release date? I have heard July and August tossed around... What if it comes out in late August? I think they allow you to turn in a phone within thirty days, so I could get a different phone then turn it in when the Droid 2 became available.
    I kind of doubt that the Droid 2 is going to be out before the Fall at the earliest. With the Droid X coming out on July 15 I doubt they will push out another Droid a month later.

Stranger things have happened though.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid & Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astronomeric210 View Post

I kind of doubt that the Droid 2 is going to be out before the Fall at the earliest. With the Droid X coming out on July 15 I doubt they will push out another Droid a month later.

Stranger things have happened though.
    I am on the same page, I just find it very hard they would release it that soon, unless they plan on grabbing even more clientèle with another release for those who want their KB, could happen but I highly doubt it.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I don't know about that... Moto did say 4 new phones with the 2G processer one by the end of the year..they don't have much time left if that is truely the case
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I just saw a thread about a new Motorola phone on T Mobile. That makes 3...
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I talked with a rep this morning, who had a meeting about the Droid X and related things before I came in. The rep said that Droid 2 will be coming out in August.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    August is the traget date for the Droid 2.........I am looking forward to this device too
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    I read somewhere earlier today that the droid 2 will drop in mid August. Although i personally think its too early for a second droid, I am still looking for to this phone. How will this effect the development community? Will it be split between the two devices? I like the rom i am running but would want support for the new droid IF i get it. Currently running ChevyNo1 SS v4.2 with a 1Gh lv kernel. Going to SS v4.4 later today.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714 View Post
    I read somewhere earlier today that the droid 2 will drop in mid August. Although i personally think its too early for a second droid, I am still looking for to this phone. How will this effect the development community? Will it be split between the two devices? I like the rom i am running but would want support for the new droid IF i get it. Currently running ChevyNo1 SS v4.2 with a 1Gh lv kernel. Going to SS v4.4 later today.
    I guess it would depend on if the new Droid 2 is as locked down as the Droid X is supposed to be. I do expect someone to get through it, but I'm not sure how quickly we could expect it or how easy it'll be for others to duplicate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links