DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid 2 Battery Recommendation

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Droid 2 Battery Recommendation

I recently purchased a used Droid 2. For the most part, I am happy with the phone, but I would like to get a battery that works a bit better. The current battery is dead by the end of the day after being turned on all day and getting 10-15 minutes of actual usage. Can anyone recommend a battery and/or vendor that they have personally had good luck with? I tried a cheap replacement off of eBay, but after a day it would not recharge. I'm hoping to avoid a repeat of that.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    I bought this one several months ago and my son gets nearly a full day of gaming out of it (he uses my old D2 as a portable game). Check this one... 3500mAh Extended Battery Cover for Motorola Droid 2 A955 | eBay

I just purchased a second one since my son has dropped the unit so many times he broke the back cover. Rather than just getting a cover, for the price it made sense to get a second battery and then he can have two and swap them out if needed.

Good luck!

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Thanks! I'm going to give it a shot.
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by scotth01 View Post
    I recently purchased a used Droid 2. For the most part, I am happy with the phone, but I would like to get a battery that works a bit better. The current battery is dead by the end of the day after being turned on all day and getting 10-15 minutes of actual usage. Can anyone recommend a battery and/or vendor that they have personally had good luck with? I tried a cheap replacement off of eBay, but after a day it would not recharge. I'm hoping to avoid a repeat of that.
    Maybe the battery you got from ebay is an aftermarket one. I have got this original Motorola Droid 2 A955 Battery, which works very well. Hope this can help you, too. Good luck!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Never get an aftermarket one, It will damage your smartphone.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    @AECRADIO
    Phone
    Droid 2, Droid X, Moto-G
    Quote Originally Posted by addphone View Post
    Never get an aftermarket one, It will damage your smartphone.
    Aftermarket batteries are not the issue, it's how they are charged/recharged.
    Almost all batteries are made in China, even Motorola batteries have been made in China for years, and not just the cellphones, but their two way radios as well.
    I have purchased hundreds of aftermarket batteries for my customer's portable radios, and have had only two returned due to bad cells, so the defect ratio is fairly minute from my experience.
    A business I have purchased batteries for phones called 'Factory Outlet' has been providing my with batteries that have held up very well over the past year, and i have yet to have a single failure, or one returned due to charging issues.
    As with anything, there will be defects, you can not avoid them, but labeling all aftermarket batteries as a potential problem is wrong, and assuming them to be the cause of damage is also improper.
    I have had brand new Lithium ion batteries from Motorola's land mobile products go tango uniform, they were recent date codes, but failed to charge even once.
    Before I recycled them, I had boxes of almost new batteries that died before their time, from all manufacturers, for hundreds of devices, from phones, two way radios, tablets and even PDAs like the iPaq and Palm.
    Motorola, Bendix/King, RELM, Tait and Harris, all died in short order before they should have died, manufacturer makes no difference, name brands don't prevent defective cells from being released to the consumer.
    Ernest A. Erickson
    Payson, AZ.
    NCC-1701E

Links