DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Looking for stable rom that has a thread with updated links.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    TrastX
    Phone
    Droid 2

Looking for stable rom that has a thread with updated links.

Hi all

I just got my D2 rooted and installed LiquidSmooth-ICS, however it is not as stable as I hoped. I am searching for the most stable rom for the D2 that can be used for full functional daily use, I think CM7 might be that rom. I have read the CM7 thread but all the links are no longer supported. I am kind of at a stand still right now and would appreciate any help in getting my phone on the right rom. Thanks in advance.
    Jesus said: This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends, if you do whatsoever I command you.

John 15:12-14

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    TrastX
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Or maybe if someone could at least please tell me what do do. I have been searching for hours and hours and everything is so confusing abotu this phone. I just want to get it working again and repeatedly pressing F5 to see if someone has posted any help yet is getting somewhat tiring, perhaps I am used to the old days when people jumped on a thread to offer help (or at least a flame).

I am not sure if I need to go back to froyo, then gingerbread, or just gingerbread, I am not sure where to even find the files I need as I said, everything is just so confusing, and most pages are simply outdated.

Can someone please offer me some quick advice?
    Jesus said: This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends, if you do whatsoever I command you.

John 15:12-14
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW GS3
    Steel Droid unthemed is awesome and is currently being updated. It has been the most stable rom I've used.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by steveninspokane View Post
    I am not sure if I need to go back to froyo, then gingerbread, or just gingerbread, ........
    If you try to go back to froyo you will soft-brick your phone. I too am looking for info on Tom's, and just bumped mine as I also got no responses. Let me know what you find out.

Sent from my rooted DROID 2! Much thanks to phifc from rootzwiki for the 2.3.4 .621 root!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    The most stable Rom I've ever used is Galnet MIUI 2.2.10; perfection. I'm on MIUI V4 because of the extra features and it's pretty good as well, but Galnet is uber stable. I've actually had no reboots on V4 come to think of it, but battery life on Galnet is superb; even on a full days hard use I still have 30% charge to spare.

NEW! Galnet MIUI ICS 2.2.10 ( 1% Batt, Charge While Off, Updated Bootmenu, Scripts ) - Droid 2/R2D2 Development - RootzWiki

Stable or your money back. Make sure you Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik, and then Format and Mount System before you flash the Zip as you are coming from an ICS Rom. You do NOT need to SBF before you install this.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    R2D2 running Liberty3 v2.0
    Heard good things about CM7 and Galnet MIUI, but IMHO, Liberty3 is pretty solid! Battery life is great, camera, video, Youtube, all that stuff works! Smooth and fast
    Liberty3 v2.0
    "tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime....."
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW GS3

Links