DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting a D2

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh39
    Reliable? Is that a joke? Every D2 I have seen is extremely buggy. My ex had one and the touch screen would go crazy and start clicking random things. That was with her first one and her replacement. IMO the D2 is garbage.
    Dude chill out. Just because you saw a few bad d2's doesn't mean its going to happen to everyone.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I love my D2, but I rooted it back in the day to get rid of all the bloatware and now am running it rommed. It's stable as can be. The stability of any stock D2 depends on how well it plays with all the extra crap Verizon puts on it. Mine used to freeze and reset multiple times a day and battery life was just okay. It would also act squirrely with the charger plugged in.

Not sure if you've looked into it, but it would be worth your time to learn about rooting and possibly flashing a rom before you power the phone on and take the Over the Air Update. As of now once you get it the device can't be rooted at all.

All VZ phones have some sort of quirks because of their modifications, but the Droid 2 is a great phone despite all of Verizon's apparent efforts to make it otherwise.

MIUI tested, mother approved.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionImprobable
    I love my D2, but I rooted it back in the day to get rid of all the bloatware and now am running it rommed. It's stable as can be. The stability of any stock D2 depends on how well it plays with all the extra crap Verizon puts on it. Mine used to freeze and reset multiple times a day and battery life was just okay. It would also act squirrely with the charger plugged in.

Not sure if you've looked into it, but it would be worth your time to learn about rooting and possibly flashing a rom before you power the phone on and take the Over the Air Update. As of now once you get it the device can't be rooted at all.

All VZ phones have some sort of quirks because of their modifications, but the Droid 2 is a great phone despite all of Verizon's apparent efforts to make it otherwise.

MIUI tested, mother approved.
    Thx. It appears that i will be getting a d2. Im sure when i do ill be back in the forum asking for advice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    I'm happy for you.. great device! Get some cm7!!!! I have an SD card loaded with roms and mods for that device...if your ever into it let me know via pm...

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by droid2drummer
    I'm happy for you.. great device! Get some cm7!!!! I have an SD card loaded with roms and mods for that device...if your ever into it let me know via pm...

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Thx. Honestly will probably keep her stock until i get more comfortable with Android os.

6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Flashing Roms is easy as pie. The instructions in Rom threads is simply to be clear and thorough. If you watch some of the youtube vids you'll see how easy it is. No rush, but have no fear of flashing if you decide you want to. You'll likely at least want to root, not only because of the bloatware that everyone has mentioned but also because there are root apps that will stop VZ from giving you that annoying update pop-up every hour if you're not on the latest version.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionImprobable
    Flashing Roms is easy as pie. The instructions in Rom threads is simply to be clear and thorough. If you watch some of the youtube vids you'll see how easy it is. No rush, but have no fear of flashing if you decide you want to. You'll likely at least want to root, not only because of the bloatware that everyone has mentioned but also because there are root apps that will stop VZ from giving you that annoying update pop-up every hour if you're not on the latest version.
    Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW GS3
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh39
    Reliable? Is that a joke? Every D2 I have seen is extremely buggy. My ex had one and the touch screen would go crazy and start clicking random things. That was with her first one and her replacement. IMO the D2 is garbage.
    I agree with it being buggy. Mine never got replaced but my fiancée's did twice. I think Motorola didn't do enough optimization of the builds. Just enough for them to work...but not flawlessly. Probably the same will go for any phone.

It's usable but has these quirks. I would much rather have a different manufacturer. There's so many other choices like the D4 if you want something similar and same manufacturer.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I have a brand new R2D2 Droid2 for sale. Still in the box, never opened. It has all the goodies with it, ear buds, R2D2 dock, etc. I bought it off of Ebay for $205, would resell for the same price plus shipping. If your interested, or have questions about it let me know. Its a very cool phone.
    Cooly

Droid Bionic
  10. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooly1911 View Post
    I have a brand new R2D2 Droid2 for sale. Still in the box, never opened. It has all the goodies with it, ear buds, R2D2 dock, etc. I bought it off of Ebay for $205, would resell for the same price plus shipping. If your interested, or have questions about it let me know. Its a very cool phone.
    I know you're trying to be helpful, but you can't offer anything for sale in this forum per the Guidelines of Conduct;
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMariner View Post
    13. DO NOT advertise anything that costs money. Offering Items or Services to Trade, are not allowed. Anyone trying to use DroidForums.net to advertise any item for sale will be issued infractions and or banned, and their posts will be deleted. DroidForums is not Ebay or Craigslist.
    Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links