DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Asurion insurance = CRAP!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 v2.3.3

Asurion insurance = CRAP!

I apologize in advance, Im about to rant and complain about BAD service.

Basically, Ive had my phone just past a year and my 1 year manufacture's warranty just ended 2-3 weeks ago. Of course, all the issues start after the warranty ends. (Do they strategically plan this or something??) I bought the extended warranty coverage, thinking since the D2 is a computer it would be a good idea. Well, now after having a boot loop, wifi stopped working, 3G sometimes works and crap battery life, I try to get it fixed or replaced through Verizon. But of course its out of the 1 year warranty and I have to call Asurion, the 3rd party company that handles insurance after the 1 year manufacture warranty.
    After painstakingly navigating annoying automated menus for 20 minutes I finally get a REAL person on the line only to find out, oh sorry, we only cover lost, stolen or physical damages to the phone, not electrical/software issues, youll have to take that up with Verizon/Motorola. On top of that, even if they DID send me a phone, it wouldnt be new, itd be someone's garbage refurbished phone.
    To think they charge monthly fees for this crap and dont hold up their end is just ridiculous.

When you sign and buy these contracts, they really need to include a complimentary bottle of lube, because in the end, theyre just going to screw you.

Ahh, I feel a bit better now.
    Last edited by Shadez; 09-28-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Language..
  2. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    I would call assurion back, that doesn't sound right. I have it also, but never used it. Chances are, if you complain enough you will get a replacement. It sounds like you talked to someone who had no idea what they were talking about. Now, when I had to replace my D2, which was under warranty, vzw sent me d2g. I'm betting if you call again, and talk to someone else, you will get a different result.

Have you tried a factory reset on the phone at all?
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    Quote Originally Posted by Algae998 View Post
    only cover lost, stolen or physical damages to the phone, not electrical/software issues
    Now you know what you need to do
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    AT&T SGS2
    Quote Originally Posted by Algae998 View Post
    I apologize in advance, Im about to rant and complain about BAD service.

Basically, Ive had my phone just past a year and my 1 year manufacture's warranty just ended 2-3 weeks ago. Of course, all the issues start after the warranty ends. (Do they strategically plan this or something??) I bought the extended warranty coverage, thinking since the D2 is a computer it would be a good idea. Well, now after having a boot loop, wifi stopped working, 3G sometimes works and crap battery life, I try to get it fixed or replaced through Verizon. But of course its out of the 1 year warranty and I have to call Asurion, the 3rd party company that handles insurance after the 1 year manufacture warranty.
    After painstakingly navigating annoying automated menus for 20 minutes I finally get a REAL person on the line only to find out, oh sorry, we only cover lost, stolen or physical damages to the phone, not electrical/software issues, youll have to take that up with Verizon/Motorola. On top of that, even if they DID send me a phone, it wouldnt be new, itd be someone's garbage refurbished phone.
    To think they charge monthly fees for this crap and dont hold up their end is just ridiculous.

When you sign and buy these contracts, they really need to include a complimentary bottle of lube, because in the end, theyre just going to screw you.

Ahh, I feel a bit better now.

Help clear something up.

You say bought extended warranty? Via VZW? Are you paying the $7.99 or what ever it is now per month? I ask because under Premium Handset Coverage your Manufacture Warranty extends to two years.

Did you root the phone? Even if you didn't find the SBF and search for boot loop fix. My original Droid Boot looped and there is a way to access the menu to force a factory SBF.

Now, option two call in and deal with VZW. Talk very nicely about what is happening. They should work with you. You can also try a store. As for what they send, I agree it is a complete joke. I don't want someone former crap. You could always weight cost options on paying a deductible and suddenly your phone takes a drink in the water.

Edit: Try this http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/196213-how-fix-boot-loop.html

Last edited by Big Dawg 23; 09-28-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy S2 on AT&T
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    I'm curious, why does insurance owe you a new phone, when you're sending in a used phone? You've paid ~$10 /month, plus a $100 deductible, which doesn't even come close to purchasing a new D2.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I think Asurion states pretty clearly what they cover. They are like car insurance. Crash your car. Call the insurance company. The transmission doesn't shift right, call the manufacturer. If the car is out of warrantee you call a mechanic. You wouldn't call your insurance company to fix your transmission. But.... If the transmission slipped out of gear, and the car went to the bottom of a lake, you are back to the insurance company
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    So, what your saying is, trash the phone and get a new one from asurion?
    Sounds like a solid plan... if I still had it.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    is broken... Again
    I have never had that issue. I boot looped 2 droids due to not reading up on how to root, and one cost me $40 to get that certified bull, and the other was free since I chewed the sales rep out for canceling my insurance without notification because my mothers phone service is tied into the plan I use, and there was a verison caused mix up. I did not pay for the second one, and got a brand new box from the sales rep in 2 minutes. I hate to say it, but with verizon, you gotta be a bit rough, or they won't even take you seriously.

As for asurion, my personal favorite is wait for a rain storm, and let your phone take a swim in the tub or sink, and say you got caught in a storm. Has actually worked for me.
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    I have never had that issue. I boot looped 2 droids due to not reading up on how to root, and one cost me $40 to get that certified bull, and the other was free since I chewed the sales rep out for canceling my insurance without notification because my mothers phone service is tied into the plan I use, and there was a verison caused mix up. I did not pay for the second one, and got a brand new box from the sales rep in 2 minutes. I hate to say it, but with verizon, you gotta be a bit rough, or they won't even take you seriously.

As for asurion, my personal favorite is wait for a rain storm, and let your phone take a swim in the tub or sink, and say you got caught in a storm. Has actually worked for me.
    That's called insurance fraud.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    is broken... Again
    While that may be true, I have been paying verizon for near on 6 years for service. I think for the massive amounts of money I have given them, they can spare me a phone. But that's just me. I am a wee bit selfish to be honest.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links