DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Asurion insurance = CRAP!

  1. Droid
    Algae998's Avatar
    Member #
    135855
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    84
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 v2.3.3
    #1

    Asurion insurance = CRAP!

    I apologize in advance, Im about to rant and complain about BAD service.

    Basically, Ive had my phone just past a year and my 1 year manufacture's warranty just ended 2-3 weeks ago. Of course, all the issues start after the warranty ends. (Do they strategically plan this or something??) I bought the extended warranty coverage, thinking since the D2 is a computer it would be a good idea. Well, now after having a boot loop, wifi stopped working, 3G sometimes works and crap battery life, I try to get it fixed or replaced through Verizon. But of course its out of the 1 year warranty and I have to call Asurion, the 3rd party company that handles insurance after the 1 year manufacture warranty.
    After painstakingly navigating annoying automated menus for 20 minutes I finally get a REAL person on the line only to find out, oh sorry, we only cover lost, stolen or physical damages to the phone, not electrical/software issues, youll have to take that up with Verizon/Motorola. On top of that, even if they DID send me a phone, it wouldnt be new, itd be someone's garbage refurbished phone.
    To think they charge monthly fees for this crap and dont hold up their end is just ridiculous.

    When you sign and buy these contracts, they really need to include a complimentary bottle of lube, because in the end, theyre just going to screw you.

    Ahh, I feel a bit better now.
    Last edited by Shadez; 09-28-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Language..
  2. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,224
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #2
    I would call assurion back, that doesn't sound right. I have it also, but never used it. Chances are, if you complain enough you will get a replacement. It sounds like you talked to someone who had no idea what they were talking about. Now, when I had to replace my D2, which was under warranty, vzw sent me d2g. I'm betting if you call again, and talk to someone else, you will get a different result.

    Have you tried a factory reset on the phone at all?
  3. Droid Ninja
    jcardona1's Avatar
    Member #
    15985
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Commiefornia
    Posts
    1,208
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Algae998 View Post
    only cover lost, stolen or physical damages to the phone, not electrical/software issues
    Now you know what you need to do
  4. Droid
    Big Dawg 23's Avatar
    Member #
    33061
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    85
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    AT&T SGS2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Algae998 View Post
    I apologize in advance, Im about to rant and complain about BAD service.

    Basically, Ive had my phone just past a year and my 1 year manufacture's warranty just ended 2-3 weeks ago. Of course, all the issues start after the warranty ends. (Do they strategically plan this or something??) I bought the extended warranty coverage, thinking since the D2 is a computer it would be a good idea. Well, now after having a boot loop, wifi stopped working, 3G sometimes works and crap battery life, I try to get it fixed or replaced through Verizon. But of course its out of the 1 year warranty and I have to call Asurion, the 3rd party company that handles insurance after the 1 year manufacture warranty.
    After painstakingly navigating annoying automated menus for 20 minutes I finally get a REAL person on the line only to find out, oh sorry, we only cover lost, stolen or physical damages to the phone, not electrical/software issues, youll have to take that up with Verizon/Motorola. On top of that, even if they DID send me a phone, it wouldnt be new, itd be someone's garbage refurbished phone.
    To think they charge monthly fees for this crap and dont hold up their end is just ridiculous.

    When you sign and buy these contracts, they really need to include a complimentary bottle of lube, because in the end, theyre just going to screw you.

    Ahh, I feel a bit better now.

    Help clear something up.

    You say bought extended warranty? Via VZW? Are you paying the $7.99 or what ever it is now per month? I ask because under Premium Handset Coverage your Manufacture Warranty extends to two years.

    Did you root the phone? Even if you didn't find the SBF and search for boot loop fix. My original Droid Boot looped and there is a way to access the menu to force a factory SBF.

    Now, option two call in and deal with VZW. Talk very nicely about what is happening. They should work with you. You can also try a store. As for what they send, I agree it is a complete joke. I don't want someone former crap. You could always weight cost options on paying a deductible and suddenly your phone takes a drink in the water.


    Edit: Try this http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/196213-how-fix-boot-loop.html

    Last edited by Big Dawg 23; 09-28-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy S2 on AT&T
  5. Rescue Squad
    UrbanBounca's Avatar
    Member #
    121587
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,095
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    #5
    I'm curious, why does insurance owe you a new phone, when you're sending in a used phone? You've paid ~$10 /month, plus a $100 deductible, which doesn't even come close to purchasing a new D2.
  6. Master Droid
    FunN4Lo's Avatar
    Member #
    33783
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    933
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #6
    I think Asurion states pretty clearly what they cover. They are like car insurance. Crash your car. Call the insurance company. The transmission doesn't shift right, call the manufacturer. If the car is out of warrantee you call a mechanic. You wouldn't call your insurance company to fix your transmission. But.... If the transmission slipped out of gear, and the car went to the bottom of a lake, you are back to the insurance company
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  7. Droid
    siriusgamer's Avatar
    Member #
    152007
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    73
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    #7
    So, what your saying is, trash the phone and get a new one from asurion?
    Sounds like a solid plan... if I still had it.
  8. Master Droid
    Jonas's Avatar
    Member #
    225661
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    449
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    is broken... Again
    #8
    I have never had that issue. I boot looped 2 droids due to not reading up on how to root, and one cost me $40 to get that certified bull, and the other was free since I chewed the sales rep out for canceling my insurance without notification because my mothers phone service is tied into the plan I use, and there was a verison caused mix up. I did not pay for the second one, and got a brand new box from the sales rep in 2 minutes. I hate to say it, but with verizon, you gotta be a bit rough, or they won't even take you seriously.

    As for asurion, my personal favorite is wait for a rain storm, and let your phone take a swim in the tub or sink, and say you got caught in a storm. Has actually worked for me.
  9. Rescue Squad
    UrbanBounca's Avatar
    Member #
    121587
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,095
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    I have never had that issue. I boot looped 2 droids due to not reading up on how to root, and one cost me $40 to get that certified bull, and the other was free since I chewed the sales rep out for canceling my insurance without notification because my mothers phone service is tied into the plan I use, and there was a verison caused mix up. I did not pay for the second one, and got a brand new box from the sales rep in 2 minutes. I hate to say it, but with verizon, you gotta be a bit rough, or they won't even take you seriously.

    As for asurion, my personal favorite is wait for a rain storm, and let your phone take a swim in the tub or sink, and say you got caught in a storm. Has actually worked for me.
    That's called insurance fraud.
  10. Master Droid
    Jonas's Avatar
    Member #
    225661
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    449
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    is broken... Again
    #10
    While that may be true, I have been paying verizon for near on 6 years for service. I think for the massive amounts of money I have given them, they can spare me a phone. But that's just me. I am a wee bit selfish to be honest.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Help me understand Asurion insurance.
    By jl8851 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 01:48 PM
  2. Insurance question-- Asurion
    By tooblue in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 02:37 PM
  3. Insurance Policy for VZW & Asurion
    By nerdbox08 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 06:00 PM
  4. Asurion Insurance Info
    By xjman349 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 03:51 AM
  5. Droid Insurance Asurion
    By pcraw in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 11:12 AM

Search tags for this page

asurion galaxy nexus replacement
,

asurion galaxy s2

,
asurion won't replace my phone
,

does asurion cover water damage

,
does asurion send new or refurbished phones
,
does asurion send refurbished phones
,

how does asurion insurance work

,

how to get a new phone from asurion

,

is asurion worth it

,
will asurion replace a lost phone
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+