DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: 2 issues with my D2 as of today

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorla Droid 2 on Verizon

2 issues with my D2 as of today

Hello Everyone-

Today I snapped 2 pictures with my phone. When I went to do a quick upload, a message came up saying the files were corrupt. I went into the Gallery. All my previous images show up as normal, ability to see the thumbnail/preview for each image. But the 2 new pictures have a generic film strip image for them. Figured I would look into it when I got home. In the mean time... I went to play a song with the Music Player. Application opens up like normal. When I click on a song a message pops up saying unsupported format. I have not downloaded any updates or applications since yesterday. And yesterday both the camera and music player functions worked as normal.

Just looking to see if anyone has come across this before. I went to Amazons App store and downloaded another music player to see if this would see or play the music I have. This came back with the same response of, "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". So now I am wondering if I need to start from fresh with the software on the phone. I am not rooted and have only installed apps from the Market and Amazon Store. Could I have some form of virus? I have had my phone since October and no issues until today.

Any help, thoughts, insight are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
    Malo
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Malo View Post
    Hello Everyone-

Today I snapped 2 pictures with my phone. When I went to do a quick upload, a message came up saying the files were corrupt. I went into the Gallery. All my previous images show up as normal, ability to see the thumbnail/preview for each image. But the 2 new pictures have a generic film strip image for them. Figured I would look into it when I got home. In the mean time... I went to play a song with the Music Player. Application opens up like normal. When I click on a song a message pops up saying unsupported format. I have not downloaded any updates or applications since yesterday. And yesterday both the camera and music player functions worked as normal.

Just looking to see if anyone has come across this before. I went to Amazons App store and downloaded another music player to see if this would see or play the music I have. This came back with the same response of, "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". So now I am wondering if I need to start from fresh with the software on the phone. I am not rooted and have only installed apps from the Market and Amazon Store. Could I have some form of virus? I have had my phone since October and no issues until today.

Any help, thoughts, insight are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
    Malo
    First if you have a task killer or antivirus installed, uninstall them. Then go to settings/privacy and do a factory data reset. This will put your phone back to where it was when you first got it.

You will have to sign back into Google and any other accounts you have. Your apps will return on their own. If they don't, your paid apps are in the "my download" section of the Market.

If the problem persists it could be an issue with the SD card. You can try putting a copy of the SD card on your computers desktop and remove the problem files. Then Format the SD card. Drag the SD card copy back to the phone.

If all that fails, then you will need to take your phone back to Verizon and use your warranty.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thank you Hookbill. I do not have an AntiVirus or the Task Killer. Will do the factory reset as suggested. Appreciate the help.
    Malo
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thank you Hookbill that worked. Appreciate your help with this.
    Take care,
    Malo
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    You're welcome, glad it solved your issue.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct

Links