Everything a ok here... damn swype
Livin' Free and Not Dyin'
Yeah~ shame about the lack of Swype with this so far. But then again, we're D2 users~ we got a keyboard. LoL
I still miss it for quick texts and the like with one hand.
The one issue that i am having with gingerbread is that fact that my data looks to constantly be syncing. There is no way for me to get the icon removed. I've tried rebooting however, the icon just comes back within a few minutes. Any one else see this happening?
rooted gingerbread d2
I got swype working... I'll write a how to in the morning.
EDIT: I went ahead and did it...read below.
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Last edited by phlux; 03-30-2011 at 08:07 PM.
"To get through the pearly gates, you have to know the password: Roll Tide, Roll." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant.
Steps to get the new Swype:
1) Make sure you have a root file explorer like Root Explorer.
2) Mount /system as R/W
3) Navigate to /system/app and rename Swype.apk to Swype.apk.bak
4) Navigate to /data/dalvik-cache
5) Rename data@firstname.lastname@example.org@classes.dex to data@email@example.com...lasses.dex.bak
6) Rename system@app@Swype.firstname.lastname@example.org to system@app@Swype.email@example.com
7) ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE WITH "SWYPE" LISTED IN THE NAME IN /data/dalvik-cache AND /system/app
8) Install Swype from Swype | Text Input for Screens
9) Have fun Swyping
This worked for me. If you have any issues, let me know and I'll see what I can figure out. Do not touch libSwype.core or your Swype installation will fail.
If it's the filenames, I didn't name them data@..... that's Swype/Android's doing.
Anyhow, it took me a while to figure it out, but I'm glad I have my Swype back...now on to VVM.......
EDIT: You can rename the files to whatever you want, I just prefer the .bak methods. You could also remove the files completely if you want...
Last edited by phlux; 03-30-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Only issue I'm really noticing first hand with the GB rom is the lights on touch keys and keyboard like some have mentioned. They will just stop working at some point and I have to reboot to get them back. Other than that I really haven't noticed anything else significant.