DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else's D2 freeze and reboot on them for no reason?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Steel Droid 4.8 Droid 3
    This problem has been plaguing my phone for such an incredibly long time. There will be periods of weeks where it won't reboot a single time, then there will be some days where it does it 3 times a day, several times a week.

I am running the paid version of launcherpro and I have lookout too. I've been unable to pinpoint the problem so far. I have found that when I end all tasks, that the problem goes away for a few hours. The four lights on the bottom don't stay lit, freeze, and possibly reboot my phone. I'm going to disable the antivirus part of lookout though and just keep it for the backup part.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motrola Droid
    alright well heres my update:

ive listened to hookbill's comment and i disabled lookout. I just disabled the antivirus part and kept the missing device and backup parts still activated. I am still running launcherpro the paid version and everything is actually working smoothly for me.

i havent had one reboot since nor has the screen frozen. the menu, home, back, and search button lights have not stayed lit while i lock the phone and everything is working swell. Im glad that its going well, only time will tell though if i really fixed the problem.

ive been running launcherpro for quite a while, since i got the phone actually and my problems havent started since a few weeks back so it cant be launcherpro..at least in my case. so im definitely thinking its the antivirus
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motrola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by markml0528 View Post
    This problem has been plaguing my phone for such an incredibly long time. There will be periods of weeks where it won't reboot a single time, then there will be some days where it does it 3 times a day, several times a week.

I am running the paid version of launcherpro and I have lookout too. I've been unable to pinpoint the problem so far. I have found that when I end all tasks, that the problem goes away for a few hours. The four lights on the bottom don't stay lit, freeze, and possibly reboot my phone. I'm going to disable the antivirus part of lookout though and just keep it for the backup part.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    deleted. misread the very end of your post. as i said above i think the disabling of antivirus should do it, also like hookbill said it could be the task killer.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    tb110895
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I had this problem for so long with lookout installed, then I uninstalled about a week or so ago. I didn't notice that it stopped rebooting itself till I read Hook's comment. Thanks, now I know not to reinstall!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I've just noticed this problem myself and was excited to see suggestions it might be because of lookout since I have it installed. However I've actually had the antivirus disabled and the problem occurs anyway. But I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    This happens to my phone periodically too. I have Advanced Task Killer installed, but whenever I uninstall or disable it, my battery life seems to tank. Usually my battery life is excellent (17+ hours with my normal usage on a single charge), but I'm lucky to get half that whenever ATK is gone. I know Android doesn't explicitly require a task killer, as it does app management on its own, but I hesitate to bother ATK because it seems to save my battery life.

...sorry for thread hijack :S
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    I am rooted and running Launcher Pro. Sometimes, not very often, my phone reboots itself. It never freezes first. It just randomly will do what I term "Auto Restart". I figured it is Android doing its thing, a safety feature.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiraji View Post
    This happens to my phone periodically too. I have Advanced Task Killer installed, but whenever I uninstall or disable it, my battery life seems to tank. Usually my battery life is excellent (17+ hours with my normal usage on a single charge), but I'm lucky to get half that whenever ATK is gone. I know Android doesn't explicitly require a task killer, as it does app management on its own, but I hesitate to bother ATK because it seems to save my battery life.

...sorry for thread hijack :S
    Advance Task Killer interfere's with how the D2 manages it's memory. This causes a larger drain then if you don't use it. More then likely what's happening is you keep looking at the battery, which uses display, and that's the biggest power eater of them all.

Here's my point: Disabling a task killer alone may not solve the issue, something else could cause it too. If that's the case then what you really need to do is find the culprit. And in order to do this you'll need to do a factory data reset. Now you won't loose your paid apps but don't load any others for at least two days. If you see no resets then start adding apps until you find the one causing you an issue.

If in fact your phone restarts after doing the factory data reset then take it back to Verizon.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links