So I have a few questions here and I am hoping to get some help.
- What is the difference between the ROM, the KERNAL, and Root?
- I just rooted my D2, but I don't really know why....there are no ROM's out there and my phone doesn't seem any snappier....got any suggestions?
- I am interested in running Gingerbread but I can't find anything for it. I have been told that my wife's works because it is a D1...what is the major difference?
- How hard is it to go back to stock, if I need to send phone back to VZW, once rooted with custom ROM and KERNAL installed?
- Since rooting my D2 I installed Overclock and set profiles but I can't get it to overclock past the 1GHz mark...what am I doing wrong?
- Which is better, I have purchased both SETCPU and OVERCLOCK....but which is the one I should be using?
- I have heard you can't run both SETCPU and OVERCLOCK....is this true and why?
- Can I add a bigger SDCARD to my phone? I am running the 16GB that came with my OG Droid but it is almost full.....how large of an SDCARD can I use?
Sorry for the noob questions but I am trying to understand all of this. I feel retarded mostly because I am a computer tech and have been for 15 years....but I feel this is more of a programming environment here.