I am a new poster because after searching forums and articles, I didn't find any mention of some of the issues I am experiencing with my Droid 2. I got a Droid 2 the day it came out. I have had nothing but problems since. At this point, I would not recommend the phone to anybody so I thought I would come here before I get off the Droid bandwagon and on to the iphone's. If you have solutions to any of these problems please let me know, I must've gotten a lemon or something. Any and all info/advice is greatly appreciated. I am not trying to bash the Droid because when it works, it is awesome. But I needed to vent my frustration and ask for help/advice
Here are my symptoms:
1) Battery Life: I have upgraded to an extended battery now which works great....but before I did I tried everything to get better battery life, task killer, no task killer, I always made sure my gps, wifi, and bluetooth were turned off. I changed to a static background, turned down the screen brightness, I did all of these at the same time and let the phone it and it would have a red battery bar within 6 hours with minimal use, just a handful of texts. I read more articles, forums, instruction manuals than I care to remember and nothing worked so I accepted defeat and shelled out another 70 for an extended battery within a month of purchasing the Droid.
2) Glitches: If I type something into the google search app, when it goes to bring up the internet it says an error has occurred and gives me the option to force close EVERYTIME. After I force close i simply press search again in the google app and the internet launches fine the 2nd time EVERYTIME.
3) My Physical Keyboard no longer works: This phone has experienced no abuse. It worked fine, then I went out of the country on vacay so I turned the phone off and it sat in my book bag for 5 days, when i went to text someone after re-entering the US it double typed a lot of letters (especially t and i) and ignored spaces.
4) when I press the lock button then press it again to unlock my phone it takes 20 seconds or so of black screen for the unlock slider to finally pop up (70%) of the time.
5) The Phone does not charge in the car dock on a summer day when using the phone as a gps.
6) I have tried for 2 days to download a non-free app. I have a checkout account but it kept saying loading but would never load. It finally did right before I started writing this
7) Can you put movies on these? I don't see why not, I have 6GB free and tried to add inception (~1.5GB) and it said it did, yet I can't find it anywhere.
8) No recent Destination feature in the Google maps navigation. It looks like it tries to pull up your recent spots but then flips to the map view.
9)The camera sometimes will not take a picture. It will open and I can look at recent pics but when you press the shutter button nothing happens.
10) when I get a text it shows in the notifications bar, i pull the bar down, read the text and go back to home. 2 seconds later I get another notification that i have a text, I open it up to read it and it is the same message (not a duplicate but I have problems with that too...see next)
11) I receive a lot of double texts and send a lot. I get a send error message a lot and when I resend people say they get two so I am getting false error messages.
12) About once every week or 2 I get a twitter alert that I have 3 new messages, when I open them to read them they are the same ones I have had for a year but it keeps notifying me that they are new messages.
13) I also used to have a lot of problems with it freezing forcing me to do a soft reset (specifically associated with the car dock) but also trying to use apps that have always run fine. That seems to happen less now.
1) I have only downloaded apps through the apps store which I assume is safe and everything there has been screened. Is that correct?
2) I went app crazy when I first got the phone, is it possible that i cluttered the phone with too many apps or downloaded a bad app that could be affecting the overall performance of the phone?
3) Is there a decent free navigation app?
4) Would you recommend a Hard reset?
5) are these common problems?