DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: droid 2

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola driod

droid 2

ok i have the original droid and was wondering about switching to the droid 2 but i want to root and put on roms and what not but how is the droid how does it compare to the original droid is really better the the original or is mine better then the droid 2 and is the droid 2 a beast when its rooted and has custom roms on it and can you overclock the droid 2 yet or is the bootloader still locked
    original droid

chevy no1 4.96

chevy no1 1.2gig kernel
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    You can overclock. I can clock to 1.42ghz stable and do so occasionally. There isn't a huge selection of d2 roms but more are coming all the time.

tappin and a talkin
  3. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    What voltage are you using Spaz?
    I'm still more sold on the D1 as far as flashing ROMs and such go...just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by spaz33g View Post
    You can overclock. I can clock to 1.42ghz stable and do so occasionally. There isn't a huge selection of d2 roms but more are coming all the time.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    The droid 1 will always be more superior when it comes to roms for sure.

As for voltages I use ulv up to 1.2ghz and lv anything above that. And usually i'll go advanced and drop the voltages a little more.

tappin and a talkin
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    @jkelly49
    Phone
    Droid X
    Didn't want to start a whole new thread for this: My 3rd Droid X is broken, going back to the vendor. I'm considering an X2, just want to get user experience from those who have an X2. I'm planning to use it stock, so I don't think ROM availability is a big issue with me...but what the hell do I know?

Is an X2 exactly like an X, except faster processor and higher screen resolution? Are there any other differences I'm missing? Thanks!
    -JJ

Links