DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Experience with Droid 2 Global

Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

My Experience with Droid 2 Global

I had the phone shipped to me fedex over night. I got the phone I was very excited. For me it was nothing but problems.

1. Screen non responsive I'd push call button and nothing would happen while driving.

2 Voice command wouldn't work correctly I'd call call Mom, Raymond Jill it would come up as send message to.

3. For me recepction was bad.

The one thing I liked when I opened it it automatticly transfered my APPS.

I went back to the regular droid 2

But I'm pissed about that because I have 2 of them. one from criags list which I thought was a defect and a brand new one. same thing happned. High pitch noise during some calls. Beleve it or not the new one sounds clearer so I'll probobly keep it but I pad full retail for it. I'll sell the old one.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thecomputergenius View Post
    I had the phone shipped to me fedex over night. I got the phone I was very excited. For me it was nothing but problems.

1. Screen non responsive I'd push call button and nothing would happen while driving.

2 Voice command wouldn't work correctly I'd call call Mom, Raymond Jill it would come up as send message to.

But I'm pissed about that because I have 2 of them. one from criags list which I thought was a defect and a brand new one. same thing happned. High pitch noise during some calls. Beleve it or not the new one sounds clearer so I'll probobly keep it but I pad full retail for it. I'll sell the old one.
    1. Why are you pushing a call button while driving? You should wear a headset. I'm pretty certain it has a voice training inside it as well to help it understand you better.

2. See number 1 about voice training. And if that doesn't work try Vlingo from the Market, it's free. Also effective for #1 as well.

3. What was bad about your reception exactly? Could you not hear the person you were speaking too or are you complaining about how many bars were on the phone?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thecomputergenius View Post

1. Why are you pushing a call button while driving? You should wear a headset. I'm pretty certain it has a voice training inside it as well to help it understand you better.

2. See number 1 about voice training. And if that doesn't work try Vlingo from the Market, it's free. Also effective for #1 as well.

3. What was bad about your reception exactly? Could you not hear the person you were speaking too or are you complaining about how many bars were on the phone?
    Hi hook bill

1. I agree with you about the headset. But to be perfectly honest the I had no problem with the oringnal droid 2 as far as the voice command worked.

2. I did not have to train the oringal Droid 2

3. reception was choppy Inside by elevator in my building it was down to llike 1 bar and the voice was cutting in and out. On the droid 2 it was 3 bars.

Other problems I had with it. Visual voice was very distored. I tested it against dialing *86 and that was clearer on the speaker and earpiece.

I probobly had a defective phone. I don't think Motorola would produce somthing that bad as a main phone. For me though I found for some strange reason the apps launched much more quickly on the droid 2 for me the global was slower. Again it could be just the phone but after that experience I went back to the droid 2.

The Droid 2 is a perfect phone for me especally the new one which I paid full retail because the voice is clearer then my oringanl one. But I still hear some highpitch tea kettle sound during some connections so for my experment it cost me $600.00 kind of about it. To go fight with Verizon about there worry free guantee on after my one exchange (long story I don't have the head for it now I'll just sell the old one. Next time I get my phone though sams club
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    stock rezound mavrom d3
    Has anyone had a good experience with the phone?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid2 Global/XT860 4G(D3)
    Well, I would say, desite the few quirks like corporate push email not working very reliably, it is a great device. Remains buttery smooth no matter how many apps you throw on it. I am coming from Milestone (Droid 1) and the difference in user experience between the two is like a night and day!
    Hopefully Motorola will iron out the bugs soon. They might throw in Gingerbread in few months - who knows!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    I hope that they dovgive an update soon. The 200mhz does make a difference from my droid2 and it is like lightning in comparison. But I hope that they do give us an update soon though. Just because I want an update, actually surprised that since the phone has been available for a month that it hasn't gotten an eta yet.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Just got this phone coming from rooted Droid 1. I had the old one overclocked to 800mhz, but this phone still blows it out of the water.

I am pretty much liking everything about it. I rooted it an hour after having it, and used Titanium to freeze bloat apps I didn't want.

There is a software update coming, and may be available now. Check your 'about phone' software update to see if it is available for a pull download.

One thing bothers me still - with a phone with this much memory and processing speed, why do live wallpapers still bog down the app drawer scrolling? That bugs me. I thought it was just my older Droid, but on this too?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global Rooted
    Switched from an Evo 4g and this phone is amazing, I rooted it, and did some other modifications, but overall it is surpassing my expectations. Received an update today ota, and it may have. Improved battery life, but I know it improved call quality on my phone. Presently I am getting anywhere from 10 to 14 hours of use per charge.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by wildride89 View Post
    Has anyone had a good experience with the phone?
    This phone made the Engadget Holiday list and most importantly I love it =op

I had the Droid 1 and the only thing it doesn't do better than the D1 is that it doesn't have any roms like the D1
    Droid 4 fanboy
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    When you got the OTA update and installed it, did you lose root access?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links