DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying.

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4

Thinking of buying.

Alright guys I'm very interested in the D2G, but I'm not sure if I really want it. I want to hear from some D2G users who used to own either a Droid or a Droid Incredible. How does the speed compare? Does it seem to live up to the 2x+ improvement on clockspeed over the Droid (550mhz vs 1.3ghz)? Does the battery last longer than the notably bad, yet lower speed (1ghz) HTC? I have used a Droid2 and while I did like the keyboard, it was just no where near as fast as my Incredible...

I like my Droid so much that I really want another with the same form.
    You call me names, I call your Mom!!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post
    I want to hear from some D2G users who used to own either a Droid or a Droid Incredible. How does the speed compare? Does it seem to live up to the 2x+ improvement on clockspeed over the Droid (550mhz vs 1.3ghz)?

I own a Droid and a D2G and don't notice any significant difference in speed. However, my Droid is overclocked to 1GHz and I haven't used it at the stock clock speed since probably February. I don't generally run any processor intensive apps/games either, but I did install NFS Shift on my Droid and it is fairly choppy. So I suppose it depends just how heavy a user you will be, but if you don't use processor intensive software (and don't travel globally), stick to the Droid.
    Last edited by r314bd; 11-17-2010 at 07:24 AM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by SGMD1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post
    I want to hear from some D2G users who used to own either a Droid or a Droid Incredible. How does the speed compare? Does it seem to live up to the 2x+ improvement on clockspeed over the Droid (550mhz vs 1.3ghz)?

I own a Droid and a D2G and don't notice any significant difference in speed. However, my Droid is overclocked to 1GHz and I haven't used it at the stock clock speed since probably February. I don't generally run any processor intensive apps/games either, but I did install NFS Shift on my Droid and it is fairly choppy. So I suppose it depends just how heavy a user you will be, but if you don't use processor intensive software (and don't travel globally), stick to the Droid.

Is the keyboard on the D2G different than the one on the D2?
  4. msu
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus from DX
    I've had both D1 and now D2G. I think it is a great upgrade from the original. Keyboard is nicer, it seems to be faster than my 1 oc D1 and for sure the extra memory helps out a lot. I have not rooted this one yet seeing I'm debating about sending it back and getting a DX. I just can't make up my mind which one I want.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    RaptorOO7
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have to say that after nearly a week of using my D2G I find the keyboard easy to use. Very responsive keys and it feels comfortable typing on it.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    ElMalevo
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    I'm also thinking about upgrading from the D1 to the D2G. Would you guys say "Go for it", or should I hold off until the beginning of 2011??
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ElMuneco View Post
    I'm also thinking about upgrading from the D1 to the D2G. Would you guys say "Go for it", or should I hold off until the beginning of 2011??
    Wait till LTE stuff comes out in Q1 or Q2 2011, IMHO, unless you travel abroad frequently
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    You don't have to wait for a LTE device. I just upgraded to a droid X and love it. Although as you can see I am still using my droid over wifi. I find my self using the virtual keyboard more on the droid after using my X for two weeks. I upgraded because I want unlimited data and I wont be getting LTE service any time soon. When LTE comes out vzw is going to go to tiered data plans.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    RaptorOO7
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Very true, the question of "should I wait until after CES or until the next phone comes out" is very common. For me (and this year alone I have purchased, used, sold and swapped 7 phones) I buy what is available. There is always something better around the corner, and unless you live in an area where LTE will be fully launched in 2011 then LTE really isn't a big deal. For me my market is NOT on 2011 lists so at best I will upgrade in 2012 (if the world doesn't end before I upgrade).
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    I just went from a Droid to a Droid X to a D2G and back to the Droid X. Droid X is the best phone hands down, though the D2G is definitely much better than the original droid, maybe even a little faster than the X. But the X's large screen is sooo nice
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links