DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: D2G Stops working on ATT. Remove Sim Card for a few days and replace and it works ag

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

D2G Stops working on ATT. Remove Sim Card for a few days and replace and it works ag

I have a D2G that I did the GSM hack for ATT about 6 months ago. It has been working ok for a while. About 1 month ago while I was in canada it stopped working. I had to take my work's sim card out and put it back in the work Iphone. I forwarded all my calls for a few more weeks and couldn't stand it anymore and put the sim card back in and it worked just fine.

I went to canada 4 weeks ago with no problems and went back again 2 weeks ago and came back with the same problem. When I put the sim card in it shows no network. I try to manually seach for networks and it can't find anything. I try to choose from the list and it can't find any.

android 2.3.3
    kernel
    2.6.32.g-gb092e69
    4.5.1_57_d2G-38

Do you think it is an ATT thing? Verizon thing? or a hardware or software problem?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Arrived back in Canada Yesterday and today it stopped working again.

What could be the issue? I just got to Canada last night and it worked fine all night. I woke up this morning and called my voicemail half way through entering my password it just disconnected and won't work. It is now cutting all my calls off after a few seconds. I can't figure out what is going on. I am going to download a logging service and post the issues. It this the correct place to post it?

Links