DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Weird Issue Here

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

Weird Issue Here

I kept my D2G in my pocket today. When I retrieved it, it was acting a little weird... Flashing colors and text. I rebooted the phone and noticed that under the status bar (upper right hand corner)-- there is some kind of debugging/activity script running; it looks like this:

0.23/0.19/0.53
    com.vtm.verizon
    system_server

This little box updates whenever anything happens-- how do I turn it off?
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Hmmm. Sounds like your body contact with the touch screen may have "selected" and "activated" a debugging mode. Also, the various flashing of colors & text may be due to moisture/humidity again brought on by being in your pocket.

A reboot should resolve the debugging mode, and a little time out of the warm and moist pocket area should resolve the other issue.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Thanks, the colors and flashing are gone. But the 'debugging' mode is still there.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    Settings, Development options, CPU usage.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I'm really sorry I'm getting nothing...

Settings, Applications, Development -- has no CPU options.

I am running CM7.1, but that does not affect the native Android options... Or at least I thought it didn't.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    There are no “native Android options”.

It's somewhere near the About phone section, I think. I don't have CM7 at the moment, but the option is definitely available there.

I've just went to the repostory and here are some parts of the source code for CM7 (namely strings from the XML files for en-GB localisation):

<string name="development_settings_title" msgid="215179176067683667">"Developer options"</string>
    <string name="development_settings_summary" msgid="1815795401632854041">"Set options for app development"</string>
    <string name="show_cpu_usage" msgid="2389212910758076024">"Show CPU usage"</string>
    <string name="show_cpu_usage_summary" msgid="2113341923988958266">"Screen overlay showing current CPU usage"</string>

So you need Developer options, Show CPU usage.

But since you didn't find anything like that on the main Settings menu and you looked for it really, really, really hard, your build is probably somehow tweaked to exclude it.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno View Post
    There are no “native Android options”.

It's somewhere near the About phone section, I think. I don't have CM7 at the moment, but the option is definitely available there.

I've just went to the repostory and here are some parts of the source code for CM7 (namely strings from the XML files for en-GB localisation):

<string name="development_settings_title" msgid="215179176067683667">"Developer options"</string>
    <string name="development_settings_summary" msgid="1815795401632854041">"Set options for app development"</string>
    <string name="show_cpu_usage" msgid="2389212910758076024">"Show CPU usage"</string>
    <string name="show_cpu_usage_summary" msgid="2113341923988958266">"Screen overlay showing current CPU usage"</string>

So you need Developer options, Show CPU usage.

But since you didn't find anything like that on the main Settings menu and you looked for it really, really, really hard, your build is probably somehow tweaked to exclude it.
    Thanks for all your help. I just came to that same conclusion, after looking again in the CM7 options...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    Disregard this.

You should have Dev Tools app available in your app drawer. That app should have a “Show processes” option.
    Last edited by Gasai Yuno; 08-01-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    G. Y.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    I completely forgot they integrated the Development settings into Settings somewhere in CM9, and in CM7 it's in the app, Dev Tools.

That app is also probably the culprit behind your screen acting weird.
    G. Y.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno View Post
    I completely forgot they integrated the Development settings into Settings somewhere in CM9, and in CM7 it's in the app, Dev Tools.

That app is also probably the culprit behind your screen acting weird.
    Yes, thanks. It was right there in the app drawer. Just went to Development Setting (from Dev Tools) and turn off show processes...

Links