I bought a used Droid 2 Global off of ebay.
He's a re-seller so he doesn't know the phone's history.
I'm not a Verizon customer (I plan on activating on PagePlus.), so I can't call them for help.
I'm testing this from the US, but I plan on being in the UK and France in a few weeks and would like to determine if this is unlocked before then.
I'm wondering if it's already been GSM-unlocked (not to work with US GSM providers, of course)?
Here's why I'm wondering:
1. If I put in a UK Truphone SIM (I haven't used in a couple of years, but it worked last time I used it) and set the "Network Mode" to "GSM / UMTS", the phone shows "Searching for Service".
2. It doesn't prompt me for an unlock code when I boot up the phone with the SIM in.
3. If it's network is set to "CDMA" when I boot up with the UK Truphone SIM in, it says it detects the SIM and is switching to "Global Mode".
3. I also have a US Truphone SIM card and if that's inserted into the phone when I boot up I get prompted to enter the unlock code.
4. If I have no SIM in and I switch to "Global" or "GSM / UMTS" modes, the phone shows "(No Service No SIM card)"
Based on the information above:
Does it sound like the phone is unlocked and will work fine once I'm in the UK and/or France (when I use the Truphone or a SIM bought in one of those countries)?
Is there some sort of code to read from the phone or something that will tell me if the phone has been unlocked?