DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Wifi help

  1. Senior Droid
    captain howdy's Avatar
    Member #
    205546
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    152
    Phone
    Droid2Global
    #1

    Wifi help

    Ok here's the problem. I need a program, hack or what ever to help me boost,speed up, accelerate, increase my Wifi download speeds to my phone. No computer involved. I know they have several programs for computers that do this, like cheat engines speed hack.
  2. Developer
    albinoman's Avatar
    Member #
    229570
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #2
    I have never seen anything like that and I've been developing for a while now.
  3. Master Droid
    Gasai Yuno's Avatar
    Member #
    188046
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rausu-cho
    Posts
    759
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by captain howdy View Post
    Ok here's the problem. I need a program, hack or what ever to help me boost,speed up, accelerate, increase my Wifi download speeds to my phone. No computer involved. I know they have several programs for computers that do this, like cheat engines speed hack.
    It would be better if you explained what is the problem with your wifi speeds.

    I get up to 10Mbytes/sec over WiFi which is about what you can expect from a 802.11n connexion (link speed at 150Mbps). That's on stock.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  4. Senior Droid
    captain howdy's Avatar
    Member #
    205546
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    152
    Phone
    Droid2Global
    #4
    I have the same set up. But most of the time I am lucky to get 20kbs. Never seen speeds faster. I know the router is set up correctly. The base problem is my ISP comcast. Its slow even my computer hooked up to the cable modem is lucky to see 500kbps. When I use the speed hack for my computer my speed jumps to 3mps.
    while searching for a way to speed up my computers wifi I found a game hacking program called cheat engine 6.0 with in it there is a speed hack that allows you to pick any program and boost its speed by as much a 300 to 500% just figured that some programmers out there might have done the same for phones.
    Last edited by captain howdy; 05-16-2012 at 01:30 PM.
  5. Developer
    albinoman's Avatar
    Member #
    229570
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #5
    Well there are a few apps that can boost your 3g...I'm not sure that it would help though.
  6. Senior Droid
    captain howdy's Avatar
    Member #
    205546
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    152
    Phone
    Droid2Global
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by albinoman
    Well there are a few apps that can boost your 3g...I'm not sure that it would help though.
    Im not concerned about 3g, there are hundreds of post about 3g/4g and wireless tethering. Perhaps a dev will read this examine how the accelerators/speed boosters for computer work and develop a way to use this tech on the phone.
  7. Developer
    albinoman's Avatar
    Member #
    229570
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #7
    I'm not talking about tethering. If you can give me a link to the internet booster I'll look at it.
  8. Senior Droid
    captain howdy's Avatar
    Member #
    205546
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    152
    Phone
    Droid2Global
    #8
    I got it from " cheat engine. Org. " I found that if I post links the admins delete them. Also I have run several test on the program before and after install. To detect any adware, spybots, malware and viruses. It all came up clean.
    I used 4 anti virus programs, avast. Avg, Norton and kersapky.
    Also fyi. I found that when I adjust the slider/# in the speed hack. The lower I go the faster the download speeds. I use 0.3 to 0.5 but most instructions tell you the larger the number the faster, guess you will have to play with it.
    This is how I use the program. Start a program/download manager ie bitcomet for example, start the download the start cheat engine. In the upper left you will see a tab/icon flashing, click on it and a new window will open like task manager, select the program ie bitcomet/download manager, then the window closes and on the right side check speed hack and set the # then apply. With in a few min speeds go way up. This seems to work for almost any program.
    Last edited by captain howdy; 05-16-2012 at 05:55 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Gasai Yuno's Avatar
    Member #
    188046
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rausu-cho
    Posts
    759
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    #9
    Well, I guess in a fantasy world it happens.

    What CheatEngine does is modifies a running program's memory area. “Speed hacks” in it are designed to increase the speed of the program, not the internet, usually by removing NOP cycles and such, or by accelerating timers. It cannot accelerate internet because its speed is regulated by the ISP.

    Although, sure. CheatEngine might actually help the torrent client miscalculate speeds. Here's what happens.

    The client downloads 50KB per second. CheatEngine comes in and patches the client's memory so it thinks that it wasn't 1 second, but rather, 100 milliseconds. And voila! The counter shows 500KB/sec! While downloading at the same 50KB/sec.

    This must sure help a lot.

    P.S. I'm a Cisco certified network engineer/administrator, and what you're talking about is impossible to achieve by using memory hacks. Period.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  10. Developer
    albinoman's Avatar
    Member #
    229570
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno
    Well, I guess in a fantasy world it happens.

    What CheatEngine does is modifies a running program's memory area. “Speed hacks” in it are designed to increase the speed of the program, not the internet, usually by removing NOP cycles and such, or by accelerating timers. It cannot accelerate internet because its speed is regulated by the ISP.

    Although, sure. CheatEngine might actually help the torrent client miscalculate speeds. Here's what happens.

    The client downloads 50KB per second. CheatEngine comes in and patches the client's memory so it thinks that it wasn't 1 second, but rather, 100 milliseconds. And voila! The counter shows 500KB/sec! While downloading at the same 50KB/sec.

    This must sure help a lot.

    P.S. I'm a Cisco certified network engineer/administrator, and what you're talking about is impossible to achieve by using memory hacks. Period.
    Much better answer then what I was going to say "it will never work"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Weak Transmit Power on Bionic WiFi (Tether WiFi Range)
    By whenimmpresident in forum Droid Bionic Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 09:43 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 06:09 AM
  3. Galaxy Tab WiFi, Xoom WiFi, Nook Color?
    By SeanRinVA in forum Motorola Xoom
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 02:39 PM
  4. Droid X wifi connection crashing home wifi network. help!
    By bluflax in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 09:26 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM

Search tags for this page

faster wifi speeds on droid x2
,
how cheat engine works for wifi
,

how to boost my droid 2 global wifi throughput

,
how to boost wifi droid charge
,

how to increase droid bionic wifi speed

,
increase link speeds on bionic
,
kersapky
,
speed up droid x
,
speedup my wifi on bionic
,

wi-fi speed on droid bionic

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+