So problems just keep popping up with my phone (Droid 2 Global)…Pictures not saving, MP3’s not being recognized by my alarm or music player, no sound or voice when I try to use it as a (gasp) phone…so it looks like a Factory Reset is my next step…
So now I am looking for “Factory Reset for Dummies”
A few Questions:
1. I read the method in the FAQ, but it mentions hitting “X” with the power button. Does that mean slide open the keyboard and hold “X”? Or do I just not see the “X” he is talking about?
2. What is the difference between doing what is outlined above and in the FAQ, and Factory Data Reset in my Privacy Settings?
3. Before resetting, should I move anything in particular to the SD Card? I have already exported my contacts there, and I assume my music and Pictures are automatically saved there by default.
4. As an example, if I move Angry Birds to my SD card, will I keep my saved game? Or will I have to start from the beginning no matter what?
5. I have used the backup assistant…how does that help me with a Factory reset? Will it automatically replace missing information or anything like that?
6. Would it make sense to start from a clean slate with a new SD card? Or to format the one that is in the phone after transferring all the information to my PC?
7. Should I just plug my phone into my PC and flat out copy everything that shows up in the folder onto my PC? Then move it all back afterwards? Or would that just move some unwanted things that the reset may fix back onto my phone? Or would it be better to pull out the SD card and copy it directly?
8. Do I have to do anything like re-assign my phone number or G-mail address to the phone?
9. Should I remove the SD and SIM cards before doing the Reset?
10. Do I have to do anything special to get my apps to start re-downloading from the Play store?
See? Lots of questions…Very much Factory Reset for Dummies…
I appreciate your patience, understanding and help!