Hey all, greetings. Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the forums.
Today, I did these things:
- Started the day enjoying rooted .608 Gingerbread on my D2G
- Saw update to .629, allowed it to download but held off on install
- Thought "hey, if I lose root, I'll just SBF back" (error in judgment here)
- Installed .629
- Noticed root was lost
- Got out various Linux SBF paraphernalia, USB cable, opened refreshing can of soda
- Installed Gingerbread SBF
- Discovered here what a bricked D2G looks like
- Stumped, so I tried Froyo SBF
- Bootloader still stared back at me
- After all these steps leading to inadvertently putting my D2G in a coma, I _THEN_ did further research (haha!)
So yeah, I'm stuck at the bootloader, with the MEM_MAP Blank / Service Req'd messages and everything.
From what I've read, this thing is a paperweight until a .629 SBF for D2G is developed, correct?