DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Using internationl SIM

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DX

Using internationl SIM

Hi,

I am using a D2G in Israel. Got a SIM from Orange, phone is unlocked and SIM working fine for receiving calls and texts and data works also.

The problem is that when making a call, looks like the phone adds a +1 to the number, trying to call back to the US. If I add +972 (israel country code) when dialing, I can get the call going, but it's annoying.

Anybody knows what need to do to stop that +1 prefix from being added automatically ?

Thanks
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    Settings → Call Settings → Assisted Dialing → Reference country → long press Israel → Change reference country. You can then long press Israel to change the details, for example, specify your area code.

And disable Settings → Call Settings → Assisted Dialing → Assisted dialing status. You probably won't need it on GSM with a non-VZW SIM anyway.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    The + is the exit code of the country you are dialing from, I first noticed it in Singapore, and I couldn't dual out because I turned off assisted dialing. The 1 is the country code for the US, (001).

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Droid RAZR MAXX/ DROID 2 Global/ DROID 1 with DROID 2 EXTENDED BATTERY (BP7X - 1860 mAh)
    ICS /Stock 2.2/UltimateDroid 1.0.0
    Stock Kernel/ChevyNo1's ULowV 1.25 GHz kernel
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    Bilgediver, it's not an “exit code”.

+ denotes a number in its full notation, with country and area code. Most GSM networks use this form, so if you receive a call from someone inside your country it will still show up as +C…A…N…, where C is the country code (1 to 3 digits), A is the area code (whatever the country uses), and N is the number.

This notation is used to simplify specifying phone numbers and remove the need to support various long distance/international dialing prefixes. All GSM networks support it.

Also, the country code for the USA is indeed 1, but in no way 001.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Argh, sorry a bit rusty on making calls that way, I just use the assisted dialing and have had no issues whasoever. It just seems odd because only in the past year or so did I have to add the plus, when making calls using a prepay Etisalat in Dubai (3 or so years ago) I don't remember having to do that.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Droid RAZR MAXX/ DROID 2 Global/ DROID 1 with DROID 2 EXTENDED BATTERY (BP7X - 1860 mAh)
    ICS /Stock 2.2/UltimateDroid 1.0.0
    Stock Kernel/ChevyNo1's ULowV 1.25 GHz kernel

Links