DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: FAQ Thread

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Thanks a lot! I think I cited you in the citation, most of the stuff I learned on here was from you. And your write ups.!
    Yes, thanks. 2 points though:

1) I agree with G.Y. that a wiki really is the way to go, as you put more stuff in, it is easier to organize and search. Perhaps edit this into her droid wiki.
    2) Just pet peeve on *228! "This should be done at least once a month, to make sure that your phone is updated with new cell towers in your area. Sometimes it can help your signal strength and other times it will have no affect. It just depends on if your carrier has gained any new access to cell towers around your location." The last sentence is right, it's all to do with new roaming agreements, not new towers, so i think MOST of the time this has no impact. Certainly "at least once a month" is too much unless you live outside the verizon standard area.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    is broken... Again
    Quote Originally Posted by silver6054 View Post

1) I agree with G.Y. that a wiki really is the way to go, as you put more stuff in, it is easier to organize and search. Perhaps edit this into her droid wiki.
    2) Just pet peeve on *228! "This should be done at least once a month, to make sure that your phone is updated with new cell towers in your area. Sometimes it can help your signal strength and other times it will have no affect. It just depends on if your carrier has gained any new access to cell towers around your location." The last sentence is right, it's all to do with new roaming agreements, not new towers, so i think MOST of the time this has no impact. Certainly "at least once a month" is too much unless you live outside the verizon standard area.
    Alright, I'll make that change, and I'm really not sure how to edit wiki's as I'm not an avid wiki user, but G.Y., if I have included anything you have not, or would like to quote me, I am more than glad to agree to that!
    If you need any help, feel free to PM me, I'm glad to help where I can!
    Please check out my FAQ Thread. You might learn something!
    Air Force bound
    I'm not that beautiful girl in the avatar, thats my GF, stop hitting on me!

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Droid X, 2, 2G, X2, D3, D4

could add " *228 if you are plan traveling outside your normal area" could save you from getting in a dead zone
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno View Post
    You could check The DROID Wiki for those, though. But I guess a wiki isn't really useful for most users.
    wiki hasn't been updated for GB stock recovery
    Last edited by themib; 11-09-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: added new info
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .apk to root
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - sites.google.com

Always in motion is the future
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by themib View Post
    wiki hasn't been updated for GB
    Not sure what you mean, there is this page for example,

4.5.608 Firmware - The DROID Wiki

relating to the latest GB firmware.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    sorry, wiki hasn't been updated for GB stock recovery change
    was editing my post when you posted

sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - sites.google.com

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    and i was wrong about that too

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    One typo: "cahce" for "cache" in "My phone is running slow, what should I do?"

Also, I think it needs a small explanation of the difference between factory reset and doing an SBF. You explain in each place, but I think the question "Which should I do?" will come up.

So, something like: A factory reset will not undo any changes you may have made to *system* files (presumably while you were rooted). So if you have deleted files that you need to receive an update, or otherwise messed things up(!) a factory reset is not enough. Your options generally are a) get the files or system from a backup that you made (you did do a backup didn't you!) b) get copies of the files from someone with a stock phone, c) do an SBF.
    For other issues, when you cannot find a more specific solution, people will recommend first doing a factory reset, and if that doesn't fix the issue, do an SBF. But always look for a specific solution first.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    is broken... Again
    One typo: "cahce" for "cache" in "My phone is running slow, what should I do?"

Also, I think it needs a small explanation of the difference between factory reset and doing an SBF. You explain in each place, but I think the question "Which should I do?" will come up.

So, something like: A factory reset will not undo any changes you may have made to *system* files (presumably while you were rooted). So if you have deleted files that you need to receive an update, or otherwise messed things up(!) a factory reset is not enough. Your options generally are a) get the files or system from a backup that you made (you did do a backup didn't you!) b) get copies of the files from someone with a stock phone, c) do an SBF.
    For other issues, when you cannot find a more specific solution, people will recommend first doing a factory reset, and if that doesn't fix the issue, do an SBF. But always look for a specific solution first.
    Would you let me quote you on that, and put that under a section called "The Differences between Factory Reset and SBF"? I will give you credit directly under the section, and in the thanks section at the bottom.
    If you need any help, feel free to PM me, I'm glad to help where I can!
    Please check out my FAQ Thread. You might learn something!
    Air Force bound
    I'm not that beautiful girl in the avatar, thats my GF, stop hitting on me!

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    Sure, but wanted to see if anyone had any comments or changes!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links