DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone assist me in the Resurrection of my D2G?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1

Can anyone assist me in the Resurrection of my D2G?

My D2G has been giving me problems ever since I got it.... Rooted it, never romed, and recently it has been unmounting and checking my sd for errors and the only way to mount the sd would be to reboot the phone. Also, the screen's pixels are starting to patch out.
    Anyways, yesterday I tried throwing CM7 on via romanager, TiBacked up all user + apps, and flashed. Wiped everything and then started up. CM7 would bootloop ONCE, then start up, and proceed to the (beautifully designed) mainscreen. Wouldn't ya know it, phone reboots after 15 seconds. Again, phone turns on, 15 seconds later another reboot. Again and again.
    Ok Im done romming the D2G forever because I was afraid of this. Now my SD wont mount ever, cannot restore a backup.
    Ran RSD lite 4.9 and 5.0 trying to flash a stock D2G .sbf, both the one with FROYO and one with Gingerbread, (VMZ and D2G). Process fails, throws me a FEBE 0047 error.
    I have spent the entire day trying to mount the sd, or flash the sbf. Nothing. My plan isnt up until March, no extra phones handy, and I need my phone.

I absolutely loved my old D1(s), the D2G has done nothing for me except bring the word "loathe" into my regular vocabulary. Can someone throw me a solution I missed or some Moto Voodoo my way? Most appreciated.
    Regards,
    N

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    Did u wipe data and cache after installing cm7?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I thought I bricked my D2G phone a couple days ago and had tried everything from RSD Lite 4.6 - 5.06...nada but alas there is an EASY solution.... HERE ... This is the Linux based LIVE CD which means it will open ANY PC into the Linux environment for the purpsoe of SBF'ing your phone...

Download the file and then burn it to a CD, follow the on screen directions and you will be on your way to a stock install of the A 956 D2G ...its WAAAAYYYYYY easier than the RSD Lite thing....trust me.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    There's no Gingerbread SBF though so I'm not sure what is that line, “Ran RSD lite 4.9 and 5.0 trying to flash a stock D2G .sbf, both the one with FROYO and one with Gingerbread, (VMZ and D2G),” about.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    sounds like you may have,

flashed the wrong file which is not the FroYo (there is no GB) sbf,
    or did not factory reset/wipe cache.

rsdlite 4.9 should be sufficient. if you are running win7 or 64 bit there may be problems, make sure it is being run as administrator.

beyond this, i have no clue. an sbf has ALWAYS fixed my problems.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    I should also add that the SBF for 2.4.330 seems a little weird to me; it does seem to be less “intrusive” compared to 2.4.29 and sometimes I had issues after using it. 2.4.29 has never failed me, though.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno View Post
    I should also add that the SBF for 2.4.330 seems a little weird to me; it does seem to be less “intrusive” compared to 2.4.29 and sometimes I had issues after using it. 2.4.29 has never failed me, though.
    Oh, that explains why in the .608 battery life thread you mentioned flashing back to .29, I wondered why you did that!

My experience has been that .33 works fine for me, but I don't think I ever used .29 to compare.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Same experience here as GY so I just use 2.4.29 which has been a "never fail" option.
    Treo600, Treo 700W(X), Omnia 910, Moto Droid1, Moto Droid2(G), Moto Droid4
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I tried this sbf: zSHARE - VRZ_A956_2.4.33_1FF_01.rar - Free File Hosting Service | Audio and Video Sharing | Image Uploading | Web storage (VRZ_A956_2.4.33_1FF_0.sbf)
    as well as this one: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf)
    It doesnt matter which one I used though, none made it to the phone. Both failed, and the phone threw me the FEBE.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    Could you please check whether RSDLite shows you that FAIL message after “Switching the phone to BP Passthrough” or something similar?

If it fails at that step, it means you don't have all of the required drivers installed. Check if you have an Unknown Device appear in your Device Manager during that phase. My article at http://droid.koumakan.jp/wiki/SBF has some instructions for that case, which helped me when I had that issue (basically, I had no clue what to do and tried what I have described there).
    G. Y.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links