DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Networking Thesis

1. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

Networking Thesis

I don't know if I'm writing in the correct forum or if this is acceptable here, but I'm searching for a thesis title for my first degree in Networking but I don't know from where to start. For the thesis to be as successful and as pleasing as possible, a subject that interests me should be chosen. I was thinking if I could investigate something related to Android, mobile connectivity and/or 3G/Wi-Fi connectivity as these areas really interest me. I don't wish to give a major focus to security aspects, as this requires a lot of math and are not of any major interest to me either. Does anybody have any ideas of what should I do? I would like to come up with an idea that is possible to implement and investigate with my available resources. Thanks a lot.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 global
    Be more specific any particular thing you want between the two? Can you elaborate on what you want.. I mean I know quite a bit a bout it soo if you want any help let me know

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    Droid 2 Global on HeXen with speed hack making me have 3g speeds through the roof
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Something which covers most of the topics I listed. I don't have something in mind, but it would be nice if it is something that I could test with my D2G. I am open for as many suggestions as possible.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Any one?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 global
    Ummm I guess you could do the limiting of data by verizon or the bad connectivity of gsm on the product(this needs to be tested in another country or a network that uses this gsm tech)

All in all you could do the usefulness of public help on the forums with making your 3G connection better vs the uselessness of verizon in making your signal better with their useless tech support.

I mean verizon sent me a privatized new coverage packet through their service and it did nothing. After doing some tweaking and hacking on my own through these forums my 3G is enormously better. I mean if your okay with doing your thesis on something like that

Droid 2 Global on HeXen with speed hack making me have 3g speeds through the roof
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 global
    If your up to it you can talk to me and a few other people on here about the public community and android as quite a few people on these forums know alot about the inner working of this system and you could easily do your thesis on the public romming sector citing certain roms such a s CM7 or liquid or heXen

7. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Feudalplague View Post
    Ummm I guess you could do the limiting of data by verizon or the bad connectivity of gsm on the product(this needs to be tested in another country or a network that uses this gsm tech)

All in all you could do the usefulness of public help on the forums with making your 3G connection better vs the uselessness of verizon in making your signal better with their useless tech support.

I mean verizon sent me a privatized new coverage packet through their service and it did nothing. After doing some tweaking and hacking on my own through these forums my 3G is enormously better. I mean if your okay with doing your thesis on something like that

I am using my D2G on a GSM network in Malta. I have nothing to do with Verizon.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 global
    You still have an underpowered gsm radio by default. Whoever you bought it from has most likely not done the gsm exploit. Even if you didn't buy it from verizon your still experiencing less than standard gsm connectivity

9. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    You still have an underpowered gsm radio by default. Whoever you bought it from has most likely not done the gsm exploit. Even if you didn't buy it from verizon your still experiencing less than standard gsm connectivity

Could you pm me where we can talk better please?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

Can u enlighten me as to what you did to increase 3g?

Sent from my Thunderbolt
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links