DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text messaging keeps crashing

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

Text messaging keeps crashing

Hi guys,

I have had my droid 2 global for about 4 months now and I am loving it. But, ever since the "gingerbread" update, my phone has been giving me some annoying problems. My text messaging has been affected the most. I use the Handset messanger app to do my texting. Since the update my phone will randomly restart itself after I send a text message. This will happen 2 - 5 times a day depending on my daily use of the phone. Recently it has been freezing when I am typing a message which will lead to me having to force close the app. Yesterday I became fed up with these constant annoyances and I uninstalled the app and started using the stock text messaging app until an update became avaliable for the Handset messenger app. But, alas the problem is even worse with the stock android verision of text messaging. Everything on my phone has been updated and I am confused as to what the problem is. If anyone is having such issue please feel free to send any advice my way, as I want to avoid a serious problem with my phone.
    Thank you

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Clear data/cache yet?
    Treo600, Treo 700W(X), Omnia 910, Moto Droid1, Moto Droid2(G), Moto Droid4
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I ended up switching to the swype and then back to the normal key board, and so far! it is working. But if I run into anymore problems I will try that suggestion.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    This just started on mine today! Only I was using go sms text app. Plus when I am using word to go the keyboard stops working. I am not liking this phone anymore, which is sad because I adored it before the gb updatte

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbunny View Post
    This just started on mine today! Only I was using go sms text app. Plus when I am using word to go the keyboard stops working. I am not liking this phone anymore, which is sad because I adored it before the gb updatte

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    Couldn't agree more. This phone was really awesome before the update. Even after the gb update I thought the phone had improved, excluding some apps not working, but now this gb update has just been a nightmare.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    I am curious--why did it all of a sudden get worse? How does that happen?

At first I was one of the few who had all sorts of problems, but now it seems like lots of people are. I even did a factory reset, but my phone still has rebooting issues on top of the freezing keyboard.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbunny View Post
    I am curious--why did it all of a sudden get worse? How does that happen?

At first I was one of the few who had all sorts of problems, but now it seems like lots of people are. I even did a factory reset, but my phone still has rebooting issues on top of the freezing keyboard.
    No idea the problems are still happening for me and its really annoying. I don't mean to be that guy, but I seriously pay way to much money for this phone to be screwing up like this. I thought I was getting one of the gods of phones, but not the case.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    Here, here!

Well, there is a thread in another part of the forum (droid 2, maybe technical issues?) and they solved the texting problem by going to settings/keyboard/and fiddling around in there (can't remember exactly what, but unchecking some of the auto buttons.) Well, I did it last night and haven't had a keyboard problem since.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I had this same issue. I'm 99% sure there is a bug in the stock multi-touch keyboard. I had the gb update for about a month or so, and then it started going NUTS!
    I set my default keyboard to swype, and I've never had a problem since.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    This is happening on my Drios 2, as well. I sent my phone back a little over a week ago and received a replacement phone. Worked fine for the first week and then yesterday started doing the same thing. I text all the time and is super annoying to not be able to text. Every time I get a word typed and hit space it freezes up and I have to close the program... I took the advice on this page and switched to Swype and seems to be working okay for the moment. Fingers crossed!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links