DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Battery problem

1. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

Battery problem

I am using a 3500 mAh extended battery for my D2G and battery monitor widget has been showing me 1% battery for nearly 7 hours now. The phone's stock battery reader is showing 5% for a long time as well. It's 21.40 of September 14 now, and the phone has been away from a charger since 14.15 of yesterday (September 13). Even with the extended battery I used to charge my phone every single day, but now I may have noticed why I was not getting appropriate battery life, since presently my phone is spending a lot of time on 1%. I wiped the battery stats from recovery mode and it still shows 1% (battery monitor widget) and 5% (battery manager). What can I do please?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    I'm still on 1% and I have not turned it off at night and left it running @ 1305 mhz. I know that this is great battery life but how on earth it stays showing like this. I had already performed battery wipes after instakling GB.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Exactly after posting the above post from DroidForums the battery died and I spent about ten minutes trying to turn it on when connected to charger. It seems that the battery was drained that much that the it had not enough juice to power the phone back on even when connected to charger.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G Rooted & ROM'ed w/ Fission
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.inter View Post
    Exactly after posting the above post from DroidForums the battery died and I spent about ten minutes trying to turn it on when connected to charger. It seems that the battery was drained that much that the it had not enough juice to power the phone back on even when connected to charger.
    Never heard of that happening! Is your charger a Moto charger? Most others won't deliver enough juice to charge the battery and run the phone. And if the battery is completely dead, I have had to wait a few minutes for it to reboot.

Are you rooted? You might try Battery Left app (not sure which one you have) and wipe the stats again. It does a pretty good job, but you need to let it run down a few times to get it accurate.

Hope that battery keeps on doing that for ya!
    D2G
    Rooted & ROM'ed
    CyanogenMod 7
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    Quote Originally Posted by biknut1 View Post
    Most others won't deliver enough juice to charge the battery and run the phone.
    This isn't true.

If you cut off a Motorola charger's plug and solder another one, you'll get the exact same results as with other chargers. The microUSB plug itself has a PCB built in with a resistor and a simple link between the data and power lines, that makes the phone recognise it as “stock”. TBH's “factory flashing cable” probably utilises the same circuitry built into a regular USB cable.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    No I have an aftermarket charger which is 3-pin and made for Europe. However that is not much of a concern to me. I am rooted and have always been using Battery Monitor Widget. Do you recommend BatteryCalibration from the Market? I have it installed and am planning to use it the first time my phone reaches 100%
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Everything seems to be ok now. I used BatteryCalibrator and wiped battery stats with CWM. Is 8% battery drop good after 3hr 55min away from charger with 30 minutes of display on?
    Last edited by mr.inter; 09-15-2011 at 12:34 PM.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G Rooted & ROM'ed w/ Fission
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno View Post
    This isn't true.

If you cut off a Motorola charger's plug and solder another one, you'll get the exact same results as with other chargers. The microUSB plug itself has a PCB built in with a resistor and a simple link between the data and power lines, that makes the phone recognise it as “stock”. TBH's “factory flashing cable” probably utilises the same circuitry built into a regular USB cable.

While I confess to not giving this answer based on scientific data, I also confess that it was delivered from personal experience and from reading many other posts to the same effect. I tried a "discount" car charger- it worked, but it couldn't keep the battery charged and run GPS and navigation. Ordered a Moto charger from Amazon- no more problems.

I have also read many posts on this and other forums stating the same thing about wall chargers. What you say may be and probably is correct, but I don't posses that technical knowledge.
    D2G
    Rooted & ROM'ed
    CyanogenMod 7
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    My charger's cable was worn out and the wires inside were basically disconnecting on their own unless you held the cable in a certain way. It was right where the cable enters the flexible part of the microUSB plug.

I had to carefully disassemble the plug and found out about that small PCB inside it. It also made it possible to easily resolder the cable to the board.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    The 3500 battery is a lower voltage than the stock battery. I use battery left to see the voltage. I also used battery calibrator.

Love the big battery.
    Sent with D2G GB rooted w/ GO Launcher & extended battery.
    D2G and D4. Digitizer bit the dust on the D2G and I needed to get up fast so upgraded to the D4.

D4, Love it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links