DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery problem

1. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.inter View Post
    I'm still on 1% and I have not turned it off at night and left it running @ 1305 mhz. I know that this is great battery life but how on earth it stays showing like this. I had already performed battery wipes after instakling GB.
    The same problem is happening to me again. It's spending a lot of time on 1% with me trying to drain the battery as quickest as possible by leaving the screen on at maximum brightness, wifi and flash turned on and phone @1305mhz. Yesterday it dropped from 60% to 50% at one go. I have already performed battery wipes and also used BatteryCalibration as well.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Update: I have used Battery Left and now it's 95% calibrated, but it's showing the same battery level as the system one when on low battery. For example when Battery Monitor Widget is 1%, the system battery level is 5%, but Battery Left shows 5% as well. The phone is still spending a long time on 1% (according to Battery Monitor Widget).

Any help please?
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    This isn't true.

If you cut off a Motorola charger's plug and solder another one, you'll get the exact same results as with other chargers. The microUSB plug itself has a PCB built in with a resistor and a simple link between the data and power lines, that makes the phone recognise it as “stock”. TBH's “factory flashing cable” probably utilises the same circuitry built into a regular USB cable.

While I confess to not giving this answer based on scientific data, I also confess that it was delivered from personal experience and from reading many other posts to the same effect. I tried a "discount" car charger- it worked, but it couldn't keep the battery charged and run GPS and navigation. Ordered a Moto charger from Amazon- no more problems.

I have also read many posts on this and other forums stating the same thing about wall chargers. What you say may be and probably is correct, but I don't posses that technical knowledge.

There's a big difference between cheap from china and a quality one. It's not a matter of brand but quality.
    You can't assume that because a moto worked and a cheap one didn't, that the moto is the only one that will charge... That's flawed logic! : P
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Update: I have used Battery Left and now it's 95% calibrated, but it's showing the same battery level as the system one when on low battery. For example when Battery Monitor Widget is 1%, the system battery level is 5%, but Battery Left shows 5% as well. The phone is still spending a long time on 1% (according to Battery Monitor Widget).

Any help please?
    No one?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime

Any help please?
    I'm not familiar with those apps, but some measure in 1% increments and others 5%. Battery widget monitor I believe measures in 1% but system I know does it in 5%. If battery left measures in 5% then I think you're good. If not, try resetting the stats again and letting it drain. How long is it staying at 1%?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    It stays at 1% from about 8 to 12 hours. During this period, battery left widget reads 5%, which is the same as the system reading. The phone only supports 10% increments/decrements, however after 20%, it drops to 15%, 10% and 5%. I always let it drain and giving it a 2.5hr+ charge.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    The reason it does this is the the 3500 battery is a lower operating voltage than the standard battery. The way that a Li-Ion battery works, it can store more voltage than the rated voltage. When it gets down to it's operating voltage, it is a lower voltage, still enough to run on but lower than expected. It will stay this way for a long time untill it finally drains below the operating voltage at which time it will go down very quickly.

Battery Left Pro is a good app to have. With the Pro version you can have multiple battery profiles. It has a calibration feature that works pretty well. I use the app to show voltage and it give me a better indication of what to expect. The only time I use the smaller battery is for a long trip where I dock it in my truck. I have thought about reworking the dock to accommodate the larger battery.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    warrengalea
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Yes I use Battery Left Pro and I have created a profile for the extended battery. It says that it's 95% calibrated.

From where can it show the voltage? Just by going to Battery info? How can the actual voltage determine what to expect from the battery? Battery Monitor Widget shows voltage as a fluctuating graph, meaning that sometimes voltage gets lower and then it gets higher again.
    Last edited by mr.inter; 09-24-2011 at 02:02 PM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Just let it run down to a point where it stops by itself to finish the calibration. What it still doesn't know is how far it can go, and the only thing to make that happen is to let it drain over the normal course of use.

Are you having any problems keeping it charged and it plays out at a bad time? I run min a good 12 hours of fairly heavy use, markets, news, downloads and it usually get down to the point of I have less than 5% remaining then I get home and its going on 13 to 16, use it for mail and TV Guide and after about 18 hours I plug it in by my night stand and take it off charge when my alarm goes off.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G Rooted & ROM'ed w/ Fission
    [QUOTE=rubiksc00p;1751237]There's a big difference between cheap from china and a quality one. It's not a matter of brand but quality.
    You can't assume that because a moto worked and a cheap one didn't, that the moto is the only one that will charge... That's flawed logic! : P[/Q

'Tis true- sorry to not be clear about what I was saying. What I meant was that many aftermarket chargers for these phones simply do not pass enough mA through them to keep these power-hungry beasts satisfied. Scientifically I don't know why that is, but you can read the specs on them- if they make them available, and you can see that the Moto charger puts out 900-1K mA (or approximately 1 amp) while many aftermarkets put out only 500 mA. THAT is what I meant by saying that many of the cheap chargers won't do the job.

Guess that was a scientific answer after all!
    D2G
    Rooted & ROM'ed
    CyanogenMod 7
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links