DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Gingerbread released !!! Congratulations to everybody !!!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic/ Droid 2 Global
    well as far as getting my hopes up, the original poster did that, not yourself. i'm just skeptical now seeing as hours have passed and verizon still says "coming soon", which it probably is, i was just lead to believe it was out now. i'm just impatient that's all, stock REALLY sucks, and i didn't plan on being stock for more than the time it took to sbf and download the update. i'm not too familiar with droidlife as a site, so i'll go poke around over there. hopefully i'll find it before i submit to alcoholism for the evening
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    Quote Originally Posted by nola View Post
    well as far as getting my hopes up, the original poster did that, not yourself. i'm just skeptical now seeing as hours have passed and verizon still says "coming soon", which it probably is, i was just lead to believe it was out now. i'm just impatient that's all, stock REALLY sucks, and i didn't plan on being stock for more than the time it took to sbf and download the update. i'm not too familiar with droidlife as a site, so i'll go poke around over there. hopefully i'll find it before i submit to alcoholism for the evening
    Yeah I just jumped in when I saw it said it was out and all was good..lol I read the pdf and I thought it was official and totally believe it because this is when ours followed..if your up at midnight...try it then before you jump? Its up to you...be patient..honestly I don't like the looks of it, just borrowing the kernel...lol Cm7 is really kickin my eyes nice..I hope you get it up and running soon so you won't have to go get a bottle..lol. I know, it can be frustrating, and exciting all at the same time...however I can't stand for something to be posted that's not a fact...its very misleading and people will be sbfing before they find themselves in your position...lol I really hate your having to deal with stock...that blur blows...lol but try to wait it out so your able to at least check it out..the leak was identical to me...I think there are just fixes..but I'm on the official and rooted right after with d3 root ans then right back to cm7...lol so, that's what I thought about it...:-)

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid2 Global/XT860 4G(D3)
    It may be weeks before everyone gets the OTA or it gets published on the Moto servers for everyone to pull from check updates menu.
    if you are impatient and can't wait, simply download the leaked version and update. Then enjoy

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    however I can't stand for something to be posted that's not a fact...its very misleading and people will be sbfing before they find themselves in your position
    ^ this.

i might try the rooted leak for now, i'm just impatient and bored. the LSU game will occupy me for awhile, but i could mess around with the rooted gb until the real one comes out
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    ^ this.

i might try the rooted leak for now, i'm just impatient and bored. the LSU game will occupy me for awhile, but i could mess around with the rooted gb until the real one comes out
    Well, I just saw again on the forums here another post saying that a few people have comfirmed it, not to be the soak but official ota..so we didn't have this problem with reliable source issues...lol However thanks for understanding my position as why I posted the material I did...I'm all about helping someone. But there will always be possibiliity of someone thinking and assuming rather than knowing...whatever you decide Nola:-) its all good. Your knowledge seems to be great anyway since you know how to sbf, you'll be fine either way! If it does wind up being tonight, I will help anyone through the process as I did last update..Sometimes things get confusing during the sbf, update, reroot using new method, bootstrap, recovery wipe all caches and data...mount, flash whichever Rom you know will be compatible with new update..ie.Cm7 (not sure on global) lol @ my fav...cm7..Hoping all goes well for you guys all of you! I feel for you guys because you already had it once and the soak went bad due to bugs and all from the dX being reported...I will keep my eyes on the threads! Peace!! Cappuccino time !

6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    yea i read enough threads to know a little bit, but i still might need help when/if this thing ever goes through. i don't think cm7 is fully functional yet so that leaves me with rom choices of a big fat zero, so no worries there
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    yea i read enough threads to know a little bit, but i still might need help when/if this thing ever goes through. i don't think cm7 is fully functional yet so that leaves me with rom choices of a big fat zero, so no worries there
    Yeah, maybe the update will be something you like? Its really an improvement no doubt..I'm just not big on the blue or whatever that color is..lol Cm7 for the 2 is awesome. Hopefully they will get your device up and running soon!

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Droid 2 Global in north eastern CT with no update yet =/
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus 32GB
    Again, hold off. Don't be too surprised if it prompts you with an "up to date" message. 4.5.607 is leaked anyways, and it is the OTA. If you want the OTA OTA (non-leak) though, keep on waiting for a bit, multi-stage rollout.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Motorola Droid 2 [UPDATED 9/1/11]: Motorola released the Android 2.3 upgrade for the Motorola Droid 2 on September 1, 2011. The upgrade is being sent out to users in waves; you should also be able to manually start the download by going to the "System Updates" section under "About Phone" in your main settings menu. This rollout affects only the original Droid 2 device; as of September 1, the Droid 2 Global's upgrade is still pending.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links