Give thanks to RootzWiki user aceoyame for finding this leaked build of Gingerbread for the Droid 2 Global!
Link to the thread on RootzWiki: Droid 2 Global Gingerbread Leak
Facts about the update:
- The update does not unlock the bootloader
- Flashing to Gingerbread will unroot your device
- TeamBlackHat has released a program to root Motorola handsets running Gingerbread
- This Gingerbread build is listed as version 4.5.606
- You can still SBF back to Froyo (2.4.330)
- The build does come with a newer version of MOTOBLUR, similar to the Droid 3's
- Make sure you are on stock MOTOBLUR Froyo (2.4.330) and stock recovery
- Make sure none of the bloatware has been removed from the phone (it may refuse to update)
- Rename the leaked Gingerbread file to update.zip
- Place the update in the root of your SD card
- Boot into recovery mode by holding the "X" key and power button
- Select the update to start the process (some have had to try a few times in order for it to work)
- It is recommended you wipe the cache after installing (some have also had to wipe data)
- Enjoy Gingerbread on your Droid 2 Global!
MediaFire / Mirror 1
Post updated 8/22/2011 with information and download links!