DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired of the droid 2 global.l

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

Tired of the droid 2 global.l

After more than a month I am sick of mine. It is slow and freezes all the time. It also always randomly resets. I hate it when the google widget always freezes and the crashes every time I try to use it. Anyone have any ideas on how to get a droid 3 early? I am having too many problems and can't stand them. I am a little upset with Verizon for not notifying me at all that the d3 would come out very soon after I got this piece of crap.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global <3
    I've had mine since January and it has been doing the same thing...
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G
    I got you root and install hexen its a great phone on custom software. Stock Rom sucks anus....
    FiSSioN RoM'D D2G
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    Running stock 2.4.330, rooted, with some of the bloat frozen. No random reboots. Call quality is near perfect. No crashes whatsoever. No freezes noticed. Apps work pretty fast.

Though I'm on GSM, no CDMA service here.

Currently at 50 hours of uptime (was swapping SIM cards the day before yesterday). Battery life is alright, I guess — I unplugged the charger yesterday morning (around 09:30 local time); right now it shows 70% remaining.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global stock rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno View Post
    Running stock 2.4.330, rooted, with some of the bloat frozen. No random reboots. Call quality is near perfect. No crashes whatsoever. No freezes noticed. Apps work pretty fast.

Though I'm on GSM, no CDMA service here.

Currently at 50 hours of uptime (was swapping SIM cards the day before yesterday). Battery life is alright, I guess — I unplugged the charger yesterday morning (around 09:30 local time); right now it shows 70% remaining.
    wow..!!!!
    how did you manage to do that..???
    total newbie here mine reboot unexpectedly from time to time, and home screen lags whenever i use the slide-out keyboard..and mine such a battery-life-consuming monster...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus 32GB
    Bring it into a vzw store and tell them about the problems, chances are you'll get another device. Clnrs may sound bad but I assure you, there are good ones out there. Worst thing that happens is that you go through a few phones. By then, they may give you a different device(probably better)

Sent from a cyanoblurred Droid 2 Global
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    ive never had problems with the d2g, i think that rooting and freezing bloatware is the best thing to do to any device, i havent found one yet that isnt negatively affected by all the bloatware that the carriers put on the devices.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    I received my dg2 a few months back when my OG Droid was no longer usable and I hate it. I wish I had spent the money to have the OG fixed. My volume rocker and power switch were broken. I had to send back the first 2 D2G's, the first the backlight would not turn off no matter what I did and the second had a bad speaker. The one I am using now the Bluetooth decided to stop working the other day so I will be on my fourth here soon. I have rooted and tried every rom out there but have not found one I'm happy with. They all use garbage launchers which I can't stand. I would love to see a vanilla rom for this phone and the only one close was fission but there is no longer an support. So I am forced to run blur on this POS device. I have managed to remove as much bloat as possible to get slightly better battery life and speed. I recently added smart keyboard which I am so far enjoying and makes me like one thing about this phone. I am still trying to hold out till something better actually arrives. Sorry for the rant but I am tired of verizon and this phone.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    Quote Originally Posted by snowride20 View Post
    I received my dg2 a few months back when my OG Droid was no longer usable and I hate it. I wish I had spent the money to have the OG fixed. My volume rocker and power switch were broken. I had to send back the first 2 D2G's, the first the backlight would not turn off no matter what I did and the second had a bad speaker. The one I am using now the Bluetooth decided to stop working the other day so I will be on my fourth here soon. I have rooted and tried every rom out there but have not found one I'm happy with. They all use garbage launchers which I can't stand. I would love to see a vanilla rom for this phone and the only one close was fission but there is no longer an support. So I am forced to run blur on this POS device. I have managed to remove as much bloat as possible to get slightly better battery life and speed. I recently added smart keyboard which I am so far enjoying and makes me like one thing about this phone. I am still trying to hold out till something better actually arrives. Sorry for the rant but I am tired of verizon and this phone.

the newer roms like hexen and angelrom are like fission, all fission was is a rom with most (not all) of blur removed, just like these roms. what dont you like about the launchers that come with these roms? i personally love adw launcher ex, and you can make it look and feel exactly how the vanilla launcher does.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    ArtfulSacrifice
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I run HeXen, and it is very close to stock, except with small nice additions, like an option for the black themed Messaging app. It reminds me of older versions of CyanogenMod.

I also use Launcher Pro. It's configured almost exactly like the vanilla Android Launcher, except with great smooth scrolling and two extra docked icons, rather than just Dialer and Browser. I don't even want the original Android Launcher anymore, I love how smooth Launcher Pro is.

Still, I would probably use my original Droid if not for the Droid 2 Global's superior keyboard.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links