DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid 2 died and will not restart

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Unhappy Droid 2 died and will not restart

Today (july 2, 2011) , My droid 2 died on me while I was trying to access an app. I clicked the app and the screen then went white, but did not load the app. So I clicked the home button, and the phone turned off. The screen seemed to have a dim backlight, so I pressed the power button a few times. it alternated between completely off and a slight light. I held the power button down for a few seconds to turn it off, but now even the backlight will not come on. I have tried plugging it in. The white charging light shows, but the phone does not turn on. I have removed the battery and tried the plug again, but to no avail. Any more ideas?

My phone has had glitches, though it has never died like this before. The biggest problem I have ever had is that when the phone has been using the b=navigator for more than an hour, it will randomly reboot, forcing me to mess with the navigation while driving. I normally takes awhile to get to this point, but a couple of days ago it turned off right after I started to use navigator, but it did reboot, and I haven't had a problem with the phone since then. Well, until now, I suppose.

and a second question. If I have to get a replacement, will they give me another droid 2, or one of the newer phones?
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    OK so pull the battery and put it back. Hold power and x until you see the triangle with the! Now hit the magnifying glass on your keyboard, not the screen. You should now be in stock recovery (blue text). Use the volume keys to scroll down to wipe data / factory reset. Hit the camera button to enter. After, hit reboot system now. Let's see if this works. It will erase all data, but hopefully get the phone up and running again

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0
    Ldopa
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    If it doesn't work, turn off the phone. Then hold power and the up key on the keyboard. This should bring you to the bootloader screen (black screen with white text) If it says ok to program, then all is not lost. You can sbf and get back to the out of the box state. Keep me posted

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0
    Ldopa

Links