DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Android 2.3 (gingerbread) come out on the druid 2 global?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

When will Android 2.3 (gingerbread) come out on the druid 2 global?

I was wondering when it comes out. I thought it was supposed to come out earlier but was delayed. I saw that my friend has it on her droid x.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus 32GB
    Middle of july probably. It's supposed to come out right after the d3 so around the same time of year when the D1 got 2.2.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world... on a milestone 2. I'm on a milestone 2 atm as opposed to my usual D2G...sim lock ftl. Least I get a stable gsm signal now.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Ok, thanks. Its kinda depressing that I just got my d2g about a month ago and now the d3 is about to come out. Wish I had known that... oh well... I can't wait for gingerbread to come out on my phone!! I had a problem with my simcard where I messed around in the settings and accidentally locked my sim card with a random code that I didn't know. As long as I had the card in I couldn't even unlock the phone. So I took it out, turned the phone on, and did a factory data reset on it. Then I turned it off, put the sim card back in, and turned it on and activated my phone. Then it was all good.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ter Current Phone Model Here
    Ya dude I got a DROID x and 15 days later with no warning the x2 comes out. I was very frustrated

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    It doesn't matter that DX2 is out and Droid 3 is going to be out soon.

Have you even seen the photos of those qHD displays?..

If you didn't, and you want a D3/DX2/Milestone 3, head over to Droid-Life and check their review of these “pentile” display.

That display is the only show stopper and deal breaker for me when it comes to Droid 3/Milestone 3. Motorola is the only manufacturer of proper QWERTY sliders and now they give me this screen?.. I don't care about 512M RAM and such, it's fine really, but that display?!
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno View Post

If you didn't, and you want a D3/DX2/Milestone 3, head over to Droid-Life and check their review of these “pentile” display.

That display is the only show stopper and deal breaker for me when it comes to Droid 3/Milestone 3. Motorola is the only manufacturer of proper QWERTY sliders and now they give me this screen?.. I don't care about 512M RAM and such, it's fine really, but that display?!
    After reading that I'll actually tell people to look elsewhere for a new phone if they plan on getting one. I was originally slightly miffed I just got my D2G a couple of weeks ago on the eve of the release of the D3, but now if it's going to have that display... I'll definitely be alright with keeping this bad boy.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos2092 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno View Post

After reading that I'll actually tell people to look elsewhere for a new phone if they plan on getting one. I was originally slightly miffed I just got my D2G a couple of weeks ago on the eve of the release of the D3, but now if it's going to have that display... I'll definitely be alright with keeping this bad boy.

and from what ive read around as well, its not even gonna be LTE capable... LAME!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus 32GB
    Agreed. Pentile=garbage. Nexus S's screen was so beautiful...played around with it and an X2. Def would take amoled over qhd pentile...

Sent from my DROID2(Global!) using DroidForums
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    MrHatchi87, excuse my question, but… it's a fact known ever since the announcement, why are you pointing it out yet again? (This is a general theme of your posts though; 90% of them are of “stating the obvious” or “baseless statements” class, and usually contain one line of text.)

Did you not do your research properly beforehand and this came as a shock?..

And honestly, do you really need LTE that much? Is it present in your area? The only area it is available at in Utah is Salt Lake City, right?
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    ArtfulSacrifice
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Having LTE would be nice, but it seems like thus far on most phones it kills battery. I guess over time we'll get radios built on more efficient processes.

It's not a killer for me, but sometimes Verizon's 3G can be slow in many areas where I live- at least comparatively slow to AT&T's 3G.

Now, those Pentile displays don't look too good in the pictures I've seen. I've never seen one in person, so I can't comment. I would of course prefer high-res AMOLEDs. The only thing I hate about them are the burn-in issues (I had it on my Nexus One pretty bad).

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links