DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UNROOTED freezing and auto rebooting problems

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

UNROOTED freezing and auto rebooting problems

As of about a week ago, my phone has started acting up and freezing on me. I never really had this problem before and just blew it off, took the battery out and restarted it. I have always had problems with the phone rebooting itself. Ever since the first day I had the phone. Yesterday was the worst, the phone would go in my pocket, sit for a little while, and then when I pulled it out and tried to unlock it via the button, I would only get a black screen and no response from any of the touch buttons on the bottom. I could tell the screen was on because there was a sight amount of light coming off the screen, but I would have to pull the battery out to try it again. It seems like the frozen apps are causing the black screen problem, but I don't know what is causing the auto reboots.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have also read that dead pixels on the screen could be the mark of a bad phone. I have one. What should I do???

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I have 2 dead pixels on my screen, and no issues. I think it's hard to freeze things on these globals because the way things are linked to blur. Hear freezing music app is really bad. Make sure nothing is set to auto end in the stock task manager, make sure in-pocket detection is turned off, and no task killers. I originally had slide unlock reboots on mine from out of the box, but an sbf, and folling the instructions above have made my phone work with no issues.

Sent from my rooted D2G
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Okay, I got rid off all task killers, made sure there was nothing set to auto end in the task manager and made sure the in-pocket detection was turned off. So now it should keep running all day long without freezing? And would it be advised to just take my phone in and get them to give me a new one due to the dead pixels?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I'm not sure about the pixel thing, I can only see mine when my screen is booting up when the screen is black. I'm just not going to worry about them.

Sent from my rooted D2G
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    droid2 global
    Are you rooted? I only ask because you said you froze some apps and the only way that can be done is if you have root. You could try a number of things but they would require root.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Hmm... that's true.

I just had the phone freeze up on me again, even with all that I did before. But this time it just froze on the home screen rather than go to a black screen. Progress? Lol.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I didn't mean that I froze the apps, but that while I was in the apps, they stopped working and then I would go and hit the home button and nothing would happen. I would then lock it and unlock it, hoping that it would fix the problem. Then all I would get was a black screen and I would take the battery out after that. This happened to me like 8 times yesterday. Very annoying....
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    droid2 global
    Ok. Now I understand. Have you tried a program to clean up memory. I have suggested superbox to people. It is free in the market. It has an option for freeing up memory and cache. If that does.not work you could try sbfing it. Only problem with that is it will totally wipe your phone to out if the box settings. Or with root there are other options but your warranty becomes void.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    droid2 global
    If you are near a charger next time you get the black screen just plug it in and see if that wakes it up. Not a real solution just easier than a battery pull.

11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Okay, I'll try superbox. I don't want to sbf it and I don't really want to root it. And I have tried to plug it in while it was at the black screen, but it really didn't have any affect. Thanks anyway.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links