DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atrix bootloader officially unlocked!!! what does this mean for the Global?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global

Atrix bootloader officially unlocked!!! what does this mean for the Global?

for a while now, atrix owners have known that a GB update was eminent, now someone leaked gingerbread for the Atrix, and it has the lockable/unlockable bootloader of the Xoom! which means people can unlock it and to what they please to the phone now!!!

this raises up a big question for us D2G owners, since we havent seen an update yet, but we know that its coming sometime soon, does this mean we will be seeing the unlockable bootloader as well? im just speculating, any thoughts on this?

heres the engadget blog on it:

Atrix 4G bootloader unlocked: you can hack it up today or wait for official Gingerbread update -- Engadget

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    It means nothing.

Atrix is on AT&T.
    Global is on Verizon.

Whether Verizon will agree to unlock the bootloader or not is a completely different story.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    regardless of the carriers it proves that motorola is actually going to keep their promise of unlocking some bootloaders, im going to be optimistic and say that this means that we may very well see the same thing happen to the global.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    verizon has approved the activation of unlocked bootloader phones on their network. I have seen it some where but forgot where.

so YES!!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdliu View Post
    verizon has approved the activation of unlocked bootloader phones on their network. I have seen it some where but forgot where.

so YES!!!
    i swear i dont think im exaggerating when i say that the droid dev world might explode of the current line of droids all get unlocked, however unlikely that sounds.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    Please learn to investigate and to read. This topic was already discussed here. What Verizon stated is that they allow activation of phones with unlocked boot loaders on their network.

That's it.

However, you can't even tell — from the carrier's side — if the boot loader is unlocked or not.

They did not state they will unlock anything. They said that phones — namely by HTC in that reply they provided — with unlocked boot loaders will work on their network.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno View Post
    Please learn to investigate and to read. This topic was already discussed here. What Verizon stated is that they allow activation of phones with unlocked boot loaders on their network.

That's it.

However, you can't even tell — from the carrier's side — if the boot loader is unlocked or not.

They did not state they will unlock anything. They said that phones — namely by HTC in that reply they provided — with unlocked boot loaders will work on their network.
    isnt that the exact same thing as what i said?
    "What Verizon stated is that they allow activation of phones with unlocked boot loaders on their network." and "verizon has approved the activation of unlocked bootloader phones on their network."
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    This topic was not at all about whether phones with UBL will be allowed on VZW or not.

It's about whether VZW will allow Motorola to unlock boot loaders on their phones.
    G. Y.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    ArtfulSacrifice
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    This topic was not at all about whether phones with UBL will be allowed on VZW or not.

It's about whether VZW will allow Motorola to unlock boot loaders on their phones.
    Aren't pretty much all HTC phones sold without a locked bootloader?

I don't see why Verizon would refuse Motorola the right to unlock theirs on Verizon phones, other than, well, just being jerks.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusC View Post

Aren't pretty much all HTC phones sold without a locked bootloader?

I don't see why Verizon would refuse Motorola the right to unlock theirs on Verizon phones, other than, well, just being jerks.
    well if you know verizon, you know that theyre a bunch of jerks. im still staying optimistic and saying that we will see our bootloader unlocked, it would certainly be a good explanation for why motorola is taking so long to roll out their update.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links