DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No 3g connection?

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

No 3g connection?

Have been using phone all day on 3g and wifi then all of a sudden it won't connect to 3g, therefore no sms or mms or internet. Can only use internet on wifi. Had this problem before and couldn't find a solution. Next morning, it was fixed. Any answers to why?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by robstabspeople View Post
    Have been using phone all day on 3g and wifi then all of a sudden it won't connect to 3g, therefore no sms or mms or internet. Can only use internet on wifi. Had this problem before and couldn't find a solution. Next morning, it was fixed. Any answers to why?

Try turning airplane mode on then off. Should get you a better connection. I had something similar happen and that fixed it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by satoru View Post

Try turning airplane mode on then off. Should get you a better connection. I had something similar happen and that fixed it.

Still no 3g connection

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2 Global

Still no 3g connection

It took a min to reset itself for me. Anymore info you can provide would help. like what you were doing when it happened, what rom your on, if any, etc..

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

Still no 3g connection

It took a min to reset itself for me. Anymore info you can provide would help. like what you were doing when it happened, what rom your on, if any, etc..

Stock, but rooted. No mods done. I was browsing the web and texting, and on gtalk. Then texts wouldn't send. Its gotta be something with the phone because it happened again like a week ago. This is a warranty phone as well so I'm really thinking of getting a different phone if possible.

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2 Global

Still no 3g connection

Stock, but rooted. No mods done. I was browsing the web and texting, and on gtalk. Then texts wouldn't send. Its gotta be something with the phone because it happened again like a week ago. This is a warranty phone as well so I'm really thinking of getting a different phone if possible.

Yea, the phones they give out for warranty don't ever seem to be good. You should tell them what happened. Also I have never browsed web, text and talk at same time. Maybe they all got jumbled in a sense?

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

Yea, the phones they give out for warranty don't ever seem to be good. You should tell them what happened. Also I have never browsed web, text and talk at same time. Maybe they all got jumbled in a sense?

I doubt its because of such heavy use because for me, that's quite light use. The last time this happened I was able to still make calls. I am now too. In the morning when verizon customer service is open ill call and tell them what happened. Hopefully will get a new phone. I've only had this one for not even a month

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    GasaiYuno
    Phone
    Motorola A956
    Just to clarify something:
    it won't connect to 3g, therefore no sms or mms or internet
    SMS doesn't need 3G. You can send texts over regular 2G connections, unless you always use MMS format even for regular texts.
    G. Y.
    Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, stock, rooted, locked bootloader [Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”].
    Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps down / 48.5 Mbps up; Average speed over LTE: 72.9 Mbps down / 45.7 Mbps up.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    My data connection disappears sometimes too, even when in a reliable area. Airplane mode will freeze phone. I usually just wait a few minutes, or reboot.

Sent from my rooted D2G
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill86 View Post
    My data connection disappears sometimes too, even when in a reliable area. Airplane mode will freeze phone. I usually just wait a few minutes, or reboot.

Sent from my rooted D2G
    Because I am in the U.S. and do not travel outside the country, therefore the Global network i do not need to use. Verizon Customer Service stated that sometimes when on the Global network, you can get kicked off 3G randomly, which is what was happening to me. The solution was to switch to CDMA mode. If this does not work, then this phone has a hardware issue and will be replaced. Thanks everyone for trying to help, I really appreciate it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links