I need help trying to get the most out of my phone. I'm disappointed because I'm scared to use the phone now considering the battery life.
I am on my 3rd Droid 2. (all returned for various different reasons) I was already getting bad battery life on my previous Droid2. I've had this "Certified Like New" Droid 2 Global replacement for 2 days now and the battery situation has been a nightmare. The first night, I charged the battery for 6 hours and the charge went from 15% to 50%. I was astonished. Last night I charged it for 7 hours from 40% to 90%.
Here's some info to help assess my situation.
I mainly text, spend at most 3 hours talking on the phone and internet probably an hour or less a day. Usually its 4-5 Hours before it gets to 40%/30% (Where I charge it, people seem to call me after 40% battery)
Use ADW and only the TweetDeck Widget, I only have 3 HomeScreens and a few Shortcuts. No live wallpapers or visual voicemail.
I only have 29 apps (Recognised by Market) installed and fear to install any more.
- Currrently: Unplugged 3h 40m 55s- Battery 50%, Display 41%, Android System 14%, Market 11%, TweetDeck 6%, Cell Standby 6%, Dolphin Browser HD, 5%, Phone idle 5%, Android OS 3%, Handcent SMS 2%, Data Manager Service 2%, Lookout 2%
- I have 3 BP6X 3.7V batteries that I switch out when I'm out and am nowhere near an outlet.
- I have my screen set at lowest possible setting, wifi, bluetooth and gps off at all times.
- Network Mode: CDMA, System Select: Automatic
- No Audible Touch Tones, Locksounds, Haptic Feedback
- No Animations, Screen Timeout: 30 Seconds (15 seconds got too annoying) No In Pocket Detection
- No Background Data, Data Roaming and Data is Enabled when the Screen is on
- My Mail only Manually Syncs
- I have 3 mail accounts set up on the phone. (if that helps?)
- Custom Battery Saver: Data turns off after 15 minutes on Off Peak and Peak Hours
I don't have the money to get an extended battery and I know smart phones get low battery life but if I can't get full functionality out of my phone, what's the point?
Please help if you can.