DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diassembly

Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

Diassembly

Can anyone tell me what type of T5 screws are being used in the very last step on this page? Motorola Droid 2 Teardown - iFixit
    I was taking my phone apart and sheared three of them because of the locktite Motorola used. Two came out, the third will need to be drilled. Ergo I will need replacements. Thanks.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    White Droid 2 Global
    First off: You're taking a phone apart, why?

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.
    From idea to product; debugging is my favorite task.
    #=- BlackSpark -=#
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    Use t5, but make sure they r the hollow point ones...that's why ur stripping them out, because standard t screwdrivers don't have a hole n the tip...those screws in your fancy, and expensive, smartphone, are specialized electronic starscrews, go to radioshack...they have a kit for 16$ that will suit your needs just fine for the next go around
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    touch screen is fubar, doesn't respond half the time i try to touch it, 25% it acts like I'm touching it even though I'm not and works properly the final 25%. Ergo I'm replacing it. So, back to the important part, what type of screws are they and where can I get them?
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by usafpilot022 View Post
    touch screen is fubar, doesn't respond half the time i try to touch it, 25% it acts like I'm touching it even though I'm not and works properly the final 25%. Ergo I'm replacing it. So, back to the important part, what type of screws are they and where can I get them?
    Do you have a screen protector on it? A friend just told me he went to replace his DX for the same reason. When he pulled off the screen protector, there was a little moisture underneath it(sweat from using it at work). Cleaned it up and it worked perfectly.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    No it was doing this stuff before I put a screen protector on it. Thanks for the thought though.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisl20 View Post
    Use t5, but make sure they r the hollow point ones...that's why ur stripping them out, because standard t screwdrivers don't have a hole n the tip...those screws in your fancy, and expensive, smartphone, are specialized electronic starscrews, go to radioshack...they have a kit for 16$ that will suit your needs just fine for the next go around

i didn't strip any screws, i sheared them because Motorola used locktite on them or something.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    Just take the ones you did manage to get out to a hardware store or radioshack, theynwould be cheaper@ hardware, but a tough find...radioshack for sure has em, I stripped two of mine out...but,...u can basicly ruin your phone(further) by taking it apart...you have you remove the plastic strip that integrates the camera lens, and th speaker cover to get to a couple screws... ..there's a website you can get the replacements from if you do break the lil plastic piece in half...they use some bada$$ adhesives in their phone making process, so it was a bit of a tedious struggle finding and safely removing all the screws...best of luck to you...ill see if I can dig up that parts link for you
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    bw00d
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I can't tell from the picture, but they dont look any special screw.. if you need the "Hollow" middle bits, there called Tamper Proof.. they may be reffered to as T5H.. but, invest in a heat gun, the adhesive on the screws will losen up with heat, just becareful not to hold heat there for too long so you dont melt the plastic, or damage the circuit boards
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links